Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Obama letting babies die?

Bambamama

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 8:00 am
I am repeating the important question of member "littles" who asked on another thread the following question, which I believe deserves its own thread:

Quote:
Tell me Obama supporters how it is honorable to let Down Syndrome children die after a botched late-term abortion because apparently Obama sees nothing wrong with this. I find this fact much more worrisome and much more important as it relates to our country.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/.....y.asp

How can Torah-observant Jews -- or even anyone with a moral conscience-- continue to support Obama after learning this information?

Bambamama

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 8:32 am
The silence speaks for itself.

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 8:38 am
Well I can't and that is a strong factor in my voting against him.
And before people squawk;

IT WOULD NOT HAVE AFFECTED ABORTION!
Not even partial-birth or dialation and extraction abortion.
The child wasn't termed alive unless it had been COMPLETELY delivered and it showed SPECIFIC signs of life.
ANDI read his response as to why he didn't vote for the act.
AND I read how they changed the law to meet his specification.
AND he still didn't sign.

chavamom

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 9:55 am
You know how you go on and on about "liberal lies"? This is a conservative canard. Let me look for a link for you.

chaylizi

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 9:58 am
am I the only one who wishes they could write mickey mouse on their election ballot?

chavamom

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 10:02 am
Here from the Chicago Trib.
Quote:
Obama has said he opposed that bill because it lacked assurances that it would not affect women's existing rights to choose abortion. He said he would have supported the 2002 federal version of the bill because it had a provision saying it would not "expand or contract" the rights of fetuses prior to their birth.

And the proof? The law passed unanimously in 2005 with added language to protect existing law.

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 10:28 am
Without Obama's help.
I read his response, I read the law.
It isn't liberal lies and conservative canard, it is a truth.
Even after they altered the law to fit his criterion Obama didn't vote for it.
It passed in 2005, after being held up by Obama in earlier years.
The Born Alive Act passed because he wasn't there.

He is a slick and sly one.

chavamom

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 10:30 am
It was written in worldnewdaily.net. It must be truth.

Last edited by chavamom on Mon, Sep 01 2008, 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 10:30 am
These people are so twisted that they will protect a killer's right to live and leech off society forever and ever, in prisons with tv and sports rooms and stuff that most Americans don't have at home, and these guys will start (again) studies when I'm told most Americans don't graduate university - but when it's about a baby that harmed no one, and that, at worst, will make its mother sick 9 months + 1 year post partum (see, I'm being large there, since I know what it can be about - and here I'm not talking of a danger to someone's life or long term health)... no problem, let's tear it apart! It's not a problem because they're already born and so are their little rich friends. And it's easier to say it's not a life or "not a human being" (when they weep about little animals with PETA and bash shechita because it's impressive so it must be awful).

You can see I'm getting sick of them already.

gryp

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 10:34 am
Bambamama wrote:
The silence speaks for itself.

People hear what they want and believe what they want. Everything else is disregarded.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 10:37 am
Left wing politics is also that people in jail should be also able to talk online, get married and get "love parlours" and week ends in "experimentals prisons" (really, houses with their little wife and children with a garden and all). So ok, that's not freedom. But the guys benefitting from that can be murderers. They have a house with garden, the victim has a coffin.

I'm not willing to give my uncle's name, but let's say one day he read a left wing article about rehabilitation of terrorists, and sent a nasty letter to the author, wishing her to one day know what she was talking about. It led to a whole drama in the mag and finally in the community.
Was he going too far? Yup. But these people can make you burst.

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 10:43 am
It brings me to tears. I guess it is in a way the feeling of the newly converted...I wasn't an avidly prochoice person, but I thought, well okay, most women are just doing what they think best...and the there was the Amy Richards case, and I would read resonses where people would say "nothing but a booger" or nothing period.

That is what so upsets me about the whole thing; I could understand if it would have affected abortions, but the law was so clearly written: BORN meant fully expelled from a mother's womb, alive meant a beating cord, crying or deliberate movement.

And no specific treatment was even required; if palative care was all that could be done that was all that was necessary to be done.

I read the law itself, googled the law and read it from the bill. legislation, and his response.

And I became ill.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics