Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
19 month old screaming to get what she wants

proudmom

Post Wed, Dec 21 2005, 3:18 pm
My 19 month old daughter screams whenever she doesnt get her way. How do I deal with it? Is there a way that I can stop it from happening in the first place? Please Help

ElTam

Post Thu, Dec 22 2005, 1:33 pm
It's hard, but don't give in. If you would give her something, explain that she can have it when she stops screaming.

If you wouldn't give it to her, explain that she can't have it (and why, if that's appropriate) and then ignore the screaming.

Kids scream (and whine) because it works.

This is really, really hard to stick with and I am not perfect about it, but I try. Good luck!

raizy

Post Sat, Dec 24 2005, 8:33 pm
ah the perfect age. when they have a temper we think it is cute and usally give in. dont that is the worse think to do.

my son will go to a wall and play "boriges" it is so cute to watch..

Tefila

Post Sun, Dec 25 2005, 6:30 am
Quote:
Is there a way that I can stop it from happening in the first place? Please Help

Not really Sad
I have had the same problem, but I don't give in I go into teachers mode Exclamation and you know thats the best b/c it actually works.
My husband finds it hard b/c I'm loving but firm. So I tell him you know I love them as dearly as you but if we give in then we will create spoilt brats and talking from being a teacher noone I repeat noone likes spoilt children. They have problems with friends, teachers and later on the world in general.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics