Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Out of shape

pomegranate

Post Sat, Oct 04 2008, 11:36 pm
I need to get back in shape fast before Simchas Torah. I fit into nothing out of my closet. But I don't know how strenous I can work out (my baby is seven weeks old) HELP. I cannot go to shul looking like this! Any recommendations/advice?
What exercises/diets have worked for you?

Maya

Post Sat, Oct 04 2008, 11:40 pm
Unless you do a crash diet, how much weight can you lose in two weeks? 5 pounds?

flowerpower

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 12:09 am
Get yourself a good girdle or spanex-whatever you call it. It really helps for that loose belly.

supermama2

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 12:56 am
Why should you worry so much? You have done a huge thing giving birth...everyone would understand that it takes time to get into shape after a baby...

shininglight

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 10:06 am
I have the same problem - so many yom tov days coming up and not really fitting into my shabbos clothes ... I decided that for this week I'm going to do Phase 1 of the South Beach diet and see how that goes. You're supposed to be able to lose 8 lbs in 2 weeks on the first phase if you're strict about it.

Lady Godiva

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 10:28 am
For instant results, get some Spanx. To really lose the weight you must work out and depending on how much weight you've gained chances are you won't lose it all before Succot. Ask your doctor if your body is ready. It usually is after six weeks... and build up your workouts slowly so you won't hurt yourself. Good luck.

NativeMom

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 11:46 am
I'm told spanx work wonders. You should be realistic, there is no way you can lose a substantial amount of weight unless you crash diet which is not recommended at all especially if you're nursing. You can start a work out regimen, maybe join a gym or an aerobic class or go walking with some friends and watch what you eat-stick to whole grains, more fruits and vegetables etc. Get started now so after the yom tovim you already have a system planned out and continue with that.

octopus

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 12:58 pm
what is spanx?

NativeMom

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 1:04 pm
oops

Last edited by NativeMom on Sun, Oct 05 2008, 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

octopus

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 1:07 pm
it's different girdles.

NativeMom

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 1:10 pm
they have different body suits, slimming camis, mid thigh shapers.

octopus

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 1:19 pm
how on earth do you go to the bathroom with a full length one?

pomegranate

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 3:38 pm
Lady Godiva wrote:
For instant results, get some Spanx. To really lose the weight you must work out and depending on how much weight you've gained chances are you won't lose it all before Succot. Ask your doctor if your body is ready. It usually is after six weeks... and build up your workouts slowly so you won't hurt yourself. Good luck.

I have some kind of girdle from walmart. Is spanx supposed to slenderize better?
I am only eating healthy stuff and exercising but I gained thirty five pounds in the pregnancy and still have at least twenty more to lose. I am losing only a pound a week and I am scared I might stop losing altogether if my body gets used to the amount of calories I am eating.

DefyGravity

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 4:28 pm
Target has a girdle that's made by the same company that makes Spanx. IMO, it's just as good. I'd originally bought Spanx (for $60) and then found a girdle at Target for $20. Works fine.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 8:14 pm
Can you give me more info on the target version, company, name etc??
May go for this for YT
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise