Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
No dirty diaper for a few days

Mrs. Mommy

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 12:25 pm
My 7 week old has not had a dirty diaper since Sunday. She had a few wet ones a day and that's it. At one point she was having 11 dirty ones a day! Is there something I can give her to help her go?

shalhevet

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 12:31 pm
Is she nursing?

lech lecha08

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 12:36 pm
Slowing down at some point is normal if you're nursing as long as when it does come out, she's not screaming in pain or it's hard. We had an issue when we switched to formula for weight gain issues, that my daughter was constipated from the iron. The dr told us to give her diluted prune juice but I would definitely check with your pediatrician before doing that with such a young baby.

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 12:37 pm
Nursing babies will go for several days without a dirty diaper. If she goes without for a week, then I'd worry... just be prepared for a blow-out at first...

estyk

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 12:43 pm
My son used to go for a week without a dirty diaper and then he'd have 2 or 3 in a row. I was told that it was normal for nursing babies to have this sort of behavior.

square_peg

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 12:45 pm
My baby hardly has dirty diapers. Doc said its not a concern unless its bothering him. I've been using Fleet's Pedia-Lax Liquid Glycerin. Its a laxative, but his problem is that he tenses up and holds it back instead of the opposite.. He needs to chill out.. Smile

Mrs. Mommy

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 1:05 pm
yes, she is nursing. I guess I just got nervous bec she went from one extreme to the other. I'll wait and see what happens...

lech lecha08

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 2:11 pm
Also, nursing babies often develop a "pattern" of sorts. One of mine used to go every 6th day and explode. We always knew we would need a complete outfit change on that 6th day.

hadasa

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 3:16 pm
I had a baby go two whole weeks without a bowel movement. I think she was about two months old. She was smiling, calm, nursing, didn't seen like anything bothered her, but we were getting nervous. The doctor said to give her an enema. She made just a bit after that, and two days later suddenly started to go regularly again.
I wonder if sometimes breastmilk is like the Mon, with no waste matter.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics