Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Sleep

shatzileh

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 2:08 pm
My 7 month old has slept through the night a total of 3 times, ever. (Not recently or consecutively.) Lately, he's been waking up about every 3 hours to eat, the same as his daytime schedule. Even more recently (last night and tonight) he wakes up about every hour for the first part of the night. He sometimes nurses to sleep if he's that tired before bed, otherwise he falls asleep next to me in a bed after I sing him Shema, and then I transfer him to a crib.

He may be teething, but then again, he may not be. He's been gumming things for the past 5 months, and drooling at least as long. We've tried Orajel, which is hard to get in his mouth, plus, I'm not even sure where it should be put - when he bites down on things, he's usually using the back of his mouth. The Orajel wasn't too effective. We don't want to give Tylenol every night, and anyhow one night we gave it and he was up 3 hours later anyway.

Any advice? I need sleep! While I'm not the hugest fan of CIO, I also don't want to end up having to sleep train an 18 month old... However, if he's really in pain, I don't want to just let him cry.

Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics