Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I'm having a hard time
1  2  Next

Twizzlers

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 3:26 pm
I am now a year pp (happy birthday to ds!). I lost about 20 lbs in the first 7 months, and still have another 25 to go. Problem is, I really have no self control. As long as we dont have any junk in the house, I'm ok. But my dh is a BIG nosher, and purim made things so much worse.
Please dont take this as another pp mom going nuts about her last 5 lbs. Its a real problem that I cant ignore the fact that there is nosh in the closet. And if its there, I have to finish it so I can start dieting Rolling Eyes .

when I lost, I was on weight watchers core plan and doing alot of walking outside. as the weather got cool and I couldnt go out anymore, I stopped losing, and my motivation went down the drain.

dh is no help. he wont let me dump the junk, and he noshes all nite long. he could stand to lose a couple of pounds too but he doesnt seem to care.

and I'm a stress eater. and ds started doing his all nite screaming again....you can figure out the rest of the story..

I NEED SERIOUS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amother

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 3:28 pm
Twizzlers wrote:
I am now a year pp (happy birthday to ds!). I lost about 20 lbs in the first 7 months, and still have another 25 to go. Problem is, I really have no self control. As long as we dont have any junk in the house, I'm ok. But my dh is a BIG nosher, and purim made things so much worse.
Please dont take this as another pp mom going nuts about her last 5 lbs. Its a real problem that I cant ignore the fact that there is nosh in the closet. And if its there, I have to finish it so I can start dieting Rolling Eyes .

when I lost, I was on weight watchers core plan and doing alot of walking outside. as the weather got cool and I couldnt go out anymore, I stopped losing, and my motivation went down the drain.

dh is no help. he wont let me dump the junk, and he noshes all nite long. he could stand to lose a couple of pounds too but he doesnt seem to care.

and I'm a stress eater. and ds started doing his all nite screaming again....you can figure out the rest of the story..

I NEED SERIOUS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gosh, I could have written your post almost exactly. I am 10 months PP and I also have no self control. I also say that if there is junk in the house I have to finsih it so that there will be nothing for me to nosh on. I would be very interested in hearing what others can help with this.

octopus

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 3:37 pm
omg, I could've written your post word for word. Especially about finishing the knosh so that I could start dieting.

I'm hoping that with the coming of the warmer weather, I will be out of the house more and more active. and not stuck at home eating.

bnm

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 3:37 pm
I try to keep fruit in the house. I force myself to eat fruit first, if I still want the nash afterwords I'll eat it.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 3:44 pm
Do you exercise ? That helps some.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 3:44 pm
Twizzlers wrote:
And if its there, I have to finish it so I can start dieting Rolling Eyes .

That's what I'm doing right now. Argh! I wish that EVERYONE would send out cards or not give anything rather than sending me junk food! We didn't even get so much, but it's still too much!

CM, I've been working out 5 days a week and I'm still not losing weight because I eat too much.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 3:47 pm
I got you beat, Defy. I do cardio seven days a week and weights 2-3 times a week. AND I've gained.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 3:50 pm
I've also gained!!!!! I just jogged 3 miles and now I'm eating Mike and Ikes.

I love to eat. I think about food all the time and spend my spare time looking at cooking websites and blogs.

octopus

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 3:51 pm
twiz, since we both have to lose the same amount, and we are both in a rut, do you want to be my weight loss buddy?

Twizzlers

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 4:03 pm
octopus wrote:
twiz, since we both have to lose the same amount, and we are both in a rut, do you want to be my weight loss buddy?

I'd love to, but I'm not sure if just the fact that I have a buddy will help me. I kind of have an incentive; I promised myself that if I get to my goal by my brothers bar mitzva in august, I can purchase a new outfit, but it seems so far off, and who knows if I'll even have the money then?

I guess it also doesnt help that I am constantly exhausted and that probably wont go away too fast. my kids really tire me out, and we're iyh moving in 2.5 weeks and I'll probably have to pull a few all nighters to get all the packing done.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 4:05 pm
That's why I gave liquor and olives this year.

Twizzlers

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 4:06 pm
hey defy, is gagh dietetic? maybe we should start a new diet plan LOL

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 4:07 pm
Yup, Rokegh blood pie and gagh Smile

octopus

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 4:11 pm
Twizzlers wrote:
octopus wrote:

I'd love to, but I'm not sure if just the fact that I have a buddy will help me. I kind of have an incentive; I promised myself that if I get to my goal by my brothers bar mitzva in august, I can purchase a new outfit, but it seems so far off, and who knows if I'll even have the money then?

I guess it also doesnt help that I am constantly exhausted and that probably wont go away too fast. my kids really tire me out, and we're iyh moving in 2.5 weeks and I'll probably have to pull a few all nighters to get all the packing done.

well, I kinda stopped losing weight when you did. I felt like I had to keep it up for the weight watchers thread. I would love to lose 25 lbs by august. that would be about 5 lbs per month- which is totally doable.
so....I'll go on a diet tomorrow if you will. Can't today since I just ate lots of donuts. Crying I can't stick more than 2 days on core. I'm doing flex.

Twizzlers

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 4:15 pm
octopus wrote:

well, I kinda stopped losing weight when you did. I felt like I had to keep it up for the weight watchers thread. I would love to lose 25 lbs by august. that would be about 5 lbs per month- which is totally doable.
so....I'll go on a diet tomorrow if you will. Can't today since I just ate lots of donuts. Crying I can't stick more than 2 days on core. I'm doing flex.

all right, you're on! so....how do I get all this junk out by tomorrow? and what about the huge bag of cookies that my friend baked and put in her mishloach monos bag?????
I know I wont be able to do it with all this garbage around... I could just Crying

and defy, maybe you can share your blood pie recipe?

octopus

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 4:19 pm
whatever is left in my house I'm throwing in the garbage.

Twizzlers

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 4:24 pm
octopus wrote:
whatever is left in my house I'm throwing in the garbage.

that is soooo not going to happen over here.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 4:27 pm
I don't have that much stuff left to oink on. I didn't give that many, and I got a lot of beer, wine, and grape juice this year.

I gave my kids the stuff they like and donated some to a shul for the kiddie program.

Just some chocolates are left, and I ration that out to myself. The Pesach stuff I put away.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 4:29 pm
My stuff is almost gone because I ate it all Sad
Last night I was telling DH about all the good hamantashen people had put in their MM, and he's like, where are they?

octopus

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 4:38 pm
I'm starting a new diet tomorrow. who is with me?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise