Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ima'la

Post Wed, Mar 18 2009, 3:03 pm
I usually make chicken soup with bones left over from turning chicken breasts into chicken cutlets, but this week I just put in chicken breasts. So I was trying to figure out how to use the boiled chicken breasts that nobody ate (not that I expected anyone to).

Finally, I remembered a little puff-pastry dough in my freezer (Pesach is coming!) so I rolled it out, mixed together apricot jelly, a little (MSG-free) onion soup mix and a little water, smeared it on, shredded the chicken on top of it, rolled it up like a jelly (or deli!) roll, made slits in the top and baked.

My kids refuse to eat anything that is not on their list of 3 pre-approved dinners, so I didn't expect them to eat it. To my (and dh's!) utter shock, they gobbled it up and asked for seconds and thirds! I spent all of dinner looking at DH like this: Surprised shock Surprised shock Surprised

(P.S. In case anyone plans to make it - I thought it was a bit bland and could use a bit more flavor. Though I think I'm afraid to change anything for next time I make it!)

Raisin

Post Wed, Mar 18 2009, 3:09 pm
thats funny, I had leftover turkey breasts and puff pastry last week and I rolled the breast up with a little margerine, (and some pesto in some of them as well for adults), wrapped in pastry and baked. my very picky ds proclaimed it as one of his favourite foods!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey