Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
8 dozen egg yolks..I feel sick!

bubby

Post Mon, Apr 06 2009, 9:32 pm
So I made nut cookies today, & I'm left with 8 dozen (yup!) egg yolks. So DS & DH had salami omelettes (chometz, fried in my dining room, the last room to be turned over) & I had an onion & tomato one.

8 dozen eggs!! Am I insane?! And I feel really Puke My cholesterol is taking a beating.

Cookies are good, though! We nibbled at the broken bits.

louche

Post Mon, Apr 06 2009, 10:10 pm
find someone with a cat...make that several cats..and give them the yolks. egg yolks are good for cats, keeps their fur shiny. you can also work some egg yolk into everyone's hair as a cream rinse after shampooing or mix the egg yolks with powdered mineral pigments (mineral makeup, anyone?) to make tempera paint. Slather some on your face and let it dry as a moisturizing facial mask. Paint some as a glaze on your Pesach cookies and knishes, mix some with potato starch to make noodles, beat some with a little water and drizzle into boiling broth to make egg drop soup. That's about all I can think of to do with egg yolk.

bubby

Post Mon, Apr 06 2009, 10:15 pm
You are very inventive! I didn't know cats like eggs. Mine A"H liked chopped liver.

ss321

Post Tue, Apr 07 2009, 7:09 am
yea I agree with louche about the hair thing
find uses for it that dont incrase your cholesterol exponentially
as a "hair masque" = one of those uses

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 07 2009, 8:40 am
well kitty here runs when I crack open an egg - gives one or two licks then makes a horrid mess ... *meow*

Puke I second the Puke what else is there to do Puke

Aribenj

Post Tue, Apr 07 2009, 8:54 am
I was gonna say, use it on your hair. (maybe not 8 dozen though!) Just grab a few and rub them in while you're in the shower. I used to experiment a lot in high school with foods as hair treatments embarrassed LOL

shopaholic

Post Tue, Apr 07 2009, 1:26 pm
How many cookies did you make? A batch calls for 3 or 4 egg whites doesn't it? I know where to come when I run out of cookies!

bubby

Post Tue, Apr 07 2009, 3:48 pm
Hundreds. I used 8lb ground nuts. At the end I was ready to make one massive cookie & let everyone gnaw on it Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics