Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
WAHM type jobs- suggestions please
1  2  Next

Seraph

Post Mon, Jun 22 2009, 3:30 pm
Can you list off the top of your head all the types of jobs you can think of that you can do from home?

Freelance author
Translator
Transcriber
Editor
Childcare
Hair dresser/sheitel macher
Graphic design

Tehilla

Post Mon, Jun 22 2009, 3:34 pm
virtual secretaries
exercise group
tutoring
arranging speaking tours for frum authors/speakers on commission base usually

tons of stuff depending on your willingness to go in/out frum 'market', and hours you can work with kids/family life

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jun 22 2009, 3:52 pm
ebay
secretarial/accounting services

Mrs.K

Post Tue, Jun 23 2009, 3:06 am
There are American companies that outsource to Israel. Some are sales but many aren't. In such a case, there are many work from home jobs available, depending on how large the company is. Everything from the secretaries to the accountants to the web designers, etc.

Last edited by Mrs.K on Tue, Jun 26 2012, 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Jun 23 2009, 9:52 am
I'm partial to direct sales and network marketing.

tzipp

Post Tue, Jun 23 2009, 11:09 am
The problem with working at home is that you need a babysitter anyway...

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jun 23 2009, 11:52 am
I managed a local store's ebay store adn most cer4tainly did not need a babysitter. I worked while my baby napped, and at night, and while he ws occupied with toys or a DVD. true it wasnt a full time job, but I could easily work five hours a day like this.

manhattanmom

Post Tue, Jun 23 2009, 8:25 pm
Braille book transcriber.

ShakleeMom

Post Tue, Jun 23 2009, 8:29 pm
Is this according to the alphabet? It sure seems like it. Sorry to hijack this in a way, but what do you enjoy to do? It's not about what others are doing, but merely what is a possibility for you. For example, I can tell you to do speech therapy, but going to college for that might not be an ideal thing for you right now.

Haircuts
Sheitels
Babysitting overnight, people pay $50 for a wedding drop off.

cb

Post Sun, Aug 23 2009, 8:22 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I managed a local store's ebay store adn most cer4tainly did not need a babysitter. I worked while my baby napped, and at night, and while he ws occupied with toys or a DVD. true it wasnt a full time job, but I could easily work five hours a day like this.

do you still do ebay? mama bear?

chabadshb

Post Sun, Aug 23 2009, 9:49 pm
Tehilla wrote:
virtual secretaries
exercise group
tutoring
arranging speaking tours for frum authors/speakers on commission base usually

tons of stuff depending on your willingness to go in/out frum 'market', and hours you can work with kids/family life

Where could I find this kind of job?
OP hope u don't mind....

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Aug 23 2009, 10:45 pm
I gave up the ebay job when I had my second child. I dont want to work for a while.

Chocoholic

Post Sun, Aug 23 2009, 10:48 pm
- sales
- inbound/outbound calls
- internet shop
- ebay
- babysitting
- seamstress
- tutoring
- online tutoring

slushiemom

Post Mon, Aug 24 2009, 1:22 am
my dh has an outsourcing company, he's constantly hiring for all diff projects. all phone work, but not all sales, some is customer service or interviewing/survey work. he does also have a 4 hour/day or 8 hour/day option (american hours)

if you're interested in this as a possibility, pm me and I'll send you the email address for the HR department to send your resume.(this goes for anyone, not just seraph. )

JRFleisher

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 11:51 pm
Does anyone have leads to SAH jobs in the following or any other categories:
Freelance author
Translator
Transcriber
Editor
Virtual secretary

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 12:23 am
try www.targemtranslations.com , they might need transcribers/translaters.

momaleh

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 1:14 am

ora_43

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 5:22 am
Writer
Artist (of any kind)
Events planner
Therapist
Creator of a highly successful blog

Off the top of my head, I can think of a few women I know who work from home in my general area - one makes and sells knitted hats for women, one runs a daycare, one writes for a website, one makes and sells bouquets made out of candy + paints + also plans picnics for special occasions, one is a nurse who does post-partum internal exams and other simple procedures (yes, in her home), one is a psychiatrist, one does secretary-type stuff (answering phones, making calls, typing things up, etc), one is a translator. Really all kinds.

Ani

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 6:05 am
Quote:
Creator of a highly successful blog

Just wondering, how would this pay?

Imaonwheels

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 7:39 am
Because you begin to sell ad space on your blog or syndicate it. The blog then brings invites for other exposure.

I am in charge of English language fundraising for an organization. I find and investigate possible sources of funds, major donors and area contacts. I write all materials in English and do the layout as well. I am managing the production of an album, promotional video and presentation.

I have to go between current contributors to urge them to introduce us to friends.

How I got the job? I am a tremendous believer in the organization. When they offered me PT for little pay I jumped on it with the understanding that progress would up my hours and salary.

I also am a stajerit in graphology so I have both evaluations and counseling at cheap student rate.

I am putting together several home seminars with material as well.

I built this at 50, I suggest some of you younger ladies find something worthwhile and concentrate on developing that so when you get to my age you are still not piecing your parnassa together as I am. Much smarter than a lot of come and go jobs.

I have done translations and do not have the patience for editing. I have written freelance articles, school curriculums and tons of fundraising materials.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers