Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Have to let my live-in go
1  2  Next

amother

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 10:40 pm
I have to let my live-in go and am feeling very upset about the whole thing. Im not going to be able to give her much notice and I feel bad for her but I cant afford her right now on top of that my youngest just started camp and will be going to school so I don't really need her either. She is a really nice Chilean woman, very friendly disposition and great with the kids. I pay her 350 a week plus transportation. she works monday 7am (she comes to my house Sunday night) until Friday afternoon. She lives in Monsey so I thought I might ask if anyone is looking for someone good. I went through 4 different people in a very short amount of time before finding her and shes been with me for 10 months.

happyone

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 11:11 pm
I might be interested. Please PM me as I have some questions for you.
Thanks.

amother

Post Fri, Jul 10 2009, 9:37 am
I PMed you

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jul 10 2009, 11:57 am
Hope it works out. Let her know you will happily give her references. Have a great Shabbos.

justgreat

Post Fri, Jul 10 2009, 2:41 pm
Please PM me. Thank you.

amother

Post Fri, Jul 10 2009, 3:57 pm
justgreat I PMed you Smile

amother

Post Fri, Jul 10 2009, 4:03 pm
Ok I just had "the talk" with her. It went better than I thought. I told her I posted online about her and was hoping maybe someone would come up who would need her. Again, she lives in Monsey and commutes 45 minutes to me so if you are in that general area and are interested let me know.

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Jul 10 2009, 6:34 pm
wow. (( hugs ))

amother

Post Fri, Jul 10 2009, 6:38 pm
Shaklee I may need some more hugs in a week. I havnt done laundry in 10 months (I know ive been spoiled) and im starting work next week. Im going to get a cleaning service in weekly but that will be a far cry from the help ive had for almost a year Sad

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Jul 10 2009, 6:40 pm
don't cry over the laundry. I wash and dry and a cleaning lady spends one hour a week folding, ironing, and packing away. Everything else I do. I'd rather scrub the toilet than fold. So organize your priorities and see what you resent most, and that's what you should abandon!

amother

Post Fri, Jul 10 2009, 6:43 pm
Thanks for the advice, truth is I also dont mind the actual washing and drying. Ill see if I can incoroprate the folding and putting away to the cleaning lady. Left up to me it will never get done I HATE IT! LOL

Having a live-in has been great for sholom bayis, my husband loves a clean house when he gets home, I am going to have to figure out this whole "keeping house" thing again.

alpidarkomama

Post Fri, Jul 10 2009, 7:50 pm
ShakleeMom wrote:
don't cry over the laundry. I wash and dry and a cleaning lady spends one hour a week folding, ironing, and packing away. Everything else I do. I'd rather scrub the toilet than fold. So organize your priorities and see what you resent most, and that's what you should abandon!

Fold? What's that? Smile

I just sort it as it comes out the drier, turning things right-side out as I do. I have a bin per person in the family, a bin for downstairs miscellaneous (towels, linens, napkins, etc.) and upstairs miscellaneous. The big-enough kids hang up ALL their clothes 1/x week, except the underwear/socks/pants that they lay in their drawer. Jammies live under their pillow. DH puts away the grownup clothes 1x/week. If they run out of clothes in their drawers, they know to go to their tub by the laundry and get something out. Nothing wrinkles really since it's all size 8 and under (smallish). I also have a little bin where I toss all the kid socks, to be sorted sometime during the week.

Another thing that really helped - I got everyone's wardrobes down to an 8-day supply + 3 yom tov/shabbos outfits. Laundry CAN'T pile up too much, or we'd have nothing to wear. Smile I really don't spend that much time doing laundry. Maybe 5 minutes to load the washer, 10 minutes to unload and sort a load. 15 minutes per load x 10 loads a week = 150 minutes. Maybe 20-30 minutes per week putting away the clothes of the kids that are under 4. It's really not too bad.

Ashrei

Post Sat, Jul 11 2009, 10:58 pm
I just want to give kudos to Alpid. Your oganization and minimalist approach is impressive.

SingALong

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 12:29 am
I may also be intersted, if you can pm me.

yitta25

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 1:14 am
I pmed you on friday. Im very interested. If its still relevent, please get back to me...thanks

Raisin

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 5:04 am
op, since she already knows you house and routine why don't you see if she can still come to you one or two times a week?

amother

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 7:01 am
Rainsin, unfortunately she's not local enough for that. Other ladies who expressed interest I PMed you.

cindyhag

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 8:32 am
I pmd you I live in monsey would love to hire her for whole week please pm me or email me cir42hag@aol.com

amother

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 11:49 am
I emailed you. BTW if you pm amother I dont get it.

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 12:08 pm
$350 sounds like she is being shortchanged ...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics