Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Birthdays during the 9 days?

Mommy F.

Post Thu, Jul 23 2009, 11:29 am
I am wondering if any mothers have children whose birthday fall out on the 9 days.
Do you make a birthday party during the 9 days? Is it even allowed?
What about on Shabbos?

Please let me know what you do for your young kids birthdays.

What about giving out pekelech would that not be appropriate during this mourning period??

silver lining

Post Thu, Jul 23 2009, 11:44 am
My baby is turning a year now (nine days) so I don't have to do anything this year but I don't know what I would do in the future

BrachaC

Post Thu, Jul 23 2009, 11:50 am
My daughter's birthday is Ches Av. Every year we have done different things. We do usually make her wait until after Tisha B'Av for her party, or to give out pekelach at camp. I try to make a birthday cake at home on her birthday. She finds it upsetting some years, but as she has matured it has become almost a non-issue.

Pizza

Post Thu, Jul 23 2009, 12:07 pm
I sent stuff to school beforehand
we were supposed to have friends over this shabbos to sleep over, but now he's sick, so we'll do it next week. better this way, after 9 av

greenfire

Post Thu, Jul 23 2009, 12:21 pm
depends on the age and how much of a party you want to make ... to have a birthday cake and acknowledge the birth is simple enough - or even a special dinner ...

jerusalem-girl

Post Thu, Jul 23 2009, 12:24 pm
My father's birthday is in the 9 days-hey, I forgot to call him! Sad
He always makes a siyum that night, and we have a goumet fleishig supper, I'm talking about the real thing, meat....

Mommy3.5

Post Thu, Jul 23 2009, 10:20 pm
Acknowledge the day with family, have a birthday cake. Put off the party till after 9 av. My son is not in the 9 days, but right before, this is what we are doing.

Dini

Post Thu, Jul 23 2009, 10:24 pm
mine is in the 9 days, it's actually tonite-tomorrow. We weren't big on b-day parties but my mother always made me a supper of my choice. We might have had a cake or something on shabbos- I don't remember for sure. But now being married I am a bit dissapointed because I wouldn't have minded going out to eat...

Rochelro

Post Thu, Jul 23 2009, 10:32 pm
you can go out for milchigs. or sushi
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days