Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Nanny for twins

amother

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 12:23 pm
For those of you with twins, did you have a nanny? for how long and where did you get a hold of one.
I'm also wondering if I can in any way get govt help for this.

Any information is appreciated.
Tia

RachelEve14

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 12:30 pm
Nope, no nanny. No help. Dh back at work right after they came home from the hospital. I did have a few sem girls who came around, but they were mostly interested in holding babies (and the babies were quite content to sleep in the cot, so it was nice they wanted to hold them, but washing dishes would have been more helpful).

Anyway, it's totally doable. Don't worry, you will be fine.

Mirabelle

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 12:40 pm
I have signed up to get one for the first two weeks, but mostly because my mother is worried that she can't handle it (I have another child) and my parents have offered to pay for most of it.

QUEENY

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 1:30 pm
I also had another baby at home when I had my twins. I got a nanny from Dalia's agency (I think they were recently shut down). My mom was worried I would be overwhelmed. B'h they helped us out. I had one for quite awhile b.c. it turned out DS and DD needed extra medical attention. If you call Mother's of multiples - Mati, she might have a list but I don't have her number anymore.

funmom

Post Sat, Sep 05 2009, 11:33 pm
I had a nurse for the first 3 months . then I had someone come to my home every day for 4-5 hours to help with the twins and do some cleaning. the twins are now 8 months old and I am thinking of cutting down to two times a week.

malky613

Post Sun, Sep 06 2009, 2:22 am
My mother stayed over the first week, then a night nurse the second and third week -- weeknights only, Sunday throught Thursday nights. I would have liked to continue at least another week, but it was really expensive. I found her through Matti's list (Mothers of Multiples).

Since then we've been managing. It was rough for a while when they were two to two-and-a-half months, but at three months they were both sleeping at the same time for a good stretch at night, so it got to be pretty managable. Now they are just over a year (time flies!!!) and some days I am ready to pull my hair out, but for the most part they are just a pleasure. Mazal tov (or b'sha'ah tova) and enjoy every minute!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics