Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Triangle of Despair, Circle of Hope by Yaffa Farbstien
1  2  3  Next

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 3:32 pm
I just got this new book for Yom Tov. It looks intriguing. It's a real life story, and it looks like a sad one. anyone got it?

Tova

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 4:22 pm
Nope, but I'm contemplating a new book for Yom Tov...maybe I'll check it out.

bashinda

Post Fri, Oct 02 2009, 12:48 am
what is it about?

happyone

Post Fri, Oct 02 2009, 5:47 am
bashinda wrote:
what is it about?

It' about children shuffled in a divorce. It has a really good message to parents on how children feel about the animosity and pain that children of divorcees experience.

Tova

Post Fri, Oct 02 2009, 8:03 am
OK, Mama Bear, my husband had to go to the seforim store anyways last night to get aravos, so I asked him to get it for me for Yom Tov...I will post my thoughts!

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Oct 02 2009, 3:59 pm
This book is riveting. I cant say I'm enjoying it because it's so sad. But I cant remember the last time I couldnt put a book down. Dh had to beg me to go do my erev yomtov chores! I cant remember the last time a real life story was better than fiction. I recommend this book, highly.

Carefulmom

Post Fri, Oct 02 2009, 4:21 pm
thanks I bought it too.

Tova

Post Sun, Oct 04 2009, 10:38 pm
Oh good, I'm excited!

First days I did not even have a chance to pick it up between Binah's EXCELLENT Succos magazine and supplement and the Yated (AND my yummy 2-day old niece). By now I think I will just save it for second days as we will be going to going to my in-laws which is 3+ hours away (not terrible but I hate long car rides and a good book will make it fly by) and I am not sure what books are available there.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Oct 04 2009, 11:03 pm
OMG... I couldnt put the book down... late friday night it suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks that I know the author!!! I put together a whole bunch of clues sprinkled among the book... I worked with her for the six short months that she took a job outside the home. I suddenly remembered that she had told us dribs and drabs of her history and it all came to me again. She is such a 'mitgemachte' person, I cant believe that this is what she went through all her life. Yet she KE"H has a beautiful large family of her own and for that I'm so happy. I cant wait to e mail her and let her know how much I loved the book. I hear it's selling like hotcakes, there wasnt a single copy left in willy erev yomtov. I urge everyone to get it, you havent read a book like this in a long time!

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 12:09 pm
I just purchased this book for my chol ha'moed entertainment. Mama Bear, I hope it's as good as you say!

curlyhead

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 4:10 pm
Is it a true story or a novel based on truth? Looking forward to reading it when I could get my hands on it. Mama bear thanks for letting us know of all the good books out there.

servewithjoy

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 5:05 pm
Thanks! I'm always on the look out for good "jewish" books and had not heard of this one. I was able to order it online and look forward to reading it.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 6:47 pm
it is true. this isnt a novel. this is a sad, real life story. and it's not uncommon!

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 7:57 pm
What age would you say it's good for, as a starting age?

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 1:11 am
teenagers can read it. theres nothing in it beyond the word 'expecting' and that she stopped getting her period cuz she was anorexic.

Tova

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 2:58 pm
OK, I read the first 52 pages last night because I was having trouble falling asleep, and I am intrigued... It is quite sad.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 3:05 pm
who publishes it? I might buy it online.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 3:21 pm
Israel Book Shop.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 3:25 pm
thanks MB!

baschurban

Post Sun, Oct 11 2009, 9:10 pm
as someone who is intimately familiar with the author, I would like to ask anyone who may "guess" the author's identity to keep it confidential in lieu of author's express wishes. The book has been termed a best seller by Eichler's salesman and as such must have entered quite a few homes during the past 2 weeks. any comments are welcome.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room