Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I'm having a hard time
Previous  1  2

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 4:40 pm
You don't have that much time until Pesach. And before Pesach, not everyone can exercise like they usually do - and food is not what it could be.

octopus

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 4:42 pm
august was my deadline.not pesach. though I wouldn't complain if I lost five lbs before pesach. cleaning does burn some calories. Wink

BennysMommy

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 4:49 pm
Can you get your husband to take the nosh to work?

octopus

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 4:50 pm
twizzlers, I'm starting a new diet thread tomorrow. hope to see you posting there. Wink

tovasmom

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 5:08 pm
I stopped losing weight last Pesach and then I stopped exercising and my stress level rose, so I have been pingponging back and forth. At one point I was about .5 lbs from goal, now I am about 10. And my goal is probably significantly heavier than you younguns. Mine is at the top of the suggested weights for my height for WW. And this week did not help. I need to get motivated again. I need to do something. I can't afford to be on WW anymore, so I have to reach goal already so I can stop paying!

octopus

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 5:36 pm
tovasmom wrote:
I stopped losing weight last Pesach and then I stopped exercising and my stress level rose, so I have been pingponging back and forth. At one point I was about .5 lbs from goal, now I am about 10. And my goal is probably significantly heavier than you younguns. Mine is at the top of the suggested weights for my height for WW. And this week did not help. I need to get motivated again. I need to do something. I can't afford to be on WW anymore, so I have to reach goal already so I can stop paying!

I think I might have gained. though I'm not looking at the scale. I don't go by what a chart tells me to weigh. I go by how I look in my clothes. tovasmom, how about joining the new thread I'm starting tomorrow? lol, I guess I have to really go on a diet tomorrow. come on ladies! we can do this!

tovasmom

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 5:38 pm
shock shock Friday is even my weigh-in day. shock shock

octopus

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 5:43 pm
tovasmom wrote:
shock shock Friday is even my weigh-in day. shock shock

fine. I'm going to weigh myself then too tomorrow. bite that bullet. And I'm going to embark on a... (gulp) lifestyle change.

what should we call this new thread?

and btw- even if I "cheat" I'm going to make a rule for myself that I have to post on the thread before cheating.

Chani

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 7:26 pm
lol...I put it all in the freezer today. Especially the chocolate pecan bars. I couldn't walk past them without getting into trouble.

Health is a Virture

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 4:53 am
1. make a huge salad, when you get a trigger to snack, eat your salad

2. throw out and get rid of all the nosh. If you have to, flush it down the toilet. It's not an aveirah to throw out candy...it was never food to begin with. Also, if eating those foods will physically make you sick, then, I am no rav, but from what I understand, it can definitely be thrown out!!! it's not healthy for anyone. Chips and stuff maybe your dh can take to work or something.

Good luck!

middos

Post Sat, Apr 11 2009, 3:27 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I got you beat, Defy. I do cardio seven days a week and weights 2-3 times a week. AND I've gained.
did you gain inches or maybe the higher number is muscle?

middos

Post Sat, Apr 11 2009, 3:32 pm
I am also having a hard time. two thngs 1) when restocking after pesach try only introducing the healthier choices back in, after all the gang survived for a week on pesach food which is much healthier, 2) pay attention to how much picking on food you actually "dont" do. while fasting recently, I realized just how many times I walke din the kitchen to just nible an drealized it was a fast day, and guess what I had control cuz I knew I couldnt eat! but what an eye opener it was,
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise