Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Bassinet

Justlookup

Post Wed, Aug 19 2009, 8:08 pm
We are looking into diff. bassinets for the beginning IY"H after our baby is born, but there are so many out there, I'm really confused what to get. (We will only buy it after the baby is born, but are looking into options now.)
If you used one, can you let me know what you had and what you liked/disliked about it?
I do want something that has a changing table with it, not just a sleeper, since I'll be by my mother in the beg. and need something that has an 'everything in one' in it...

chocolatemilk

Post Wed, Aug 19 2009, 9:24 pm
get a graco pack n play
the mattress can be set at 2 levels a bassinet and crib
mine came with a changing table and mobile
but some also come with wipes and diaper holders
you will also get lots of use out of it because its not just a bassinet
we didnt have a crib until dd was abt 15mnths
she slept in the pack n play (many of my friends have done this also)
and then it can be use for traveling also folds up compact and comes with a bag
they come in all different colors and designs (mine is brown and creme and has a swept frame)
they are really good quality
and you can find them anywhere and get good sales sometimes too

amother

Post Wed, Aug 19 2009, 9:35 pm
pack and plays are great - just make sure the changing thing is high enough that it doesn't hurt your back bending over it all day to get the baby dressed undressed all those times. Some just change the baby on a bed while sitting down. that works too.

chilled

Post Wed, Aug 19 2009, 9:55 pm
Yup, Pack N Plays are the way to go...
I personally used a bassinet that rocks and also stands straight, depending how you adjusted the legs. It only lasts a couple of months, tho. Baby looks tiny in it at the beginning but grows out of it real quick.
Port A Cribs are great too, you can adjust the mattress real high at the beginning so you don't hurt your back.

sky

Post Wed, Aug 19 2009, 10:23 pm
Another vote for pack 'n play with bassinet and changing table.
It gets used a lot longer then a regular bassinet, and takes a lot less room to store.

brbs

Post Wed, Aug 19 2009, 10:38 pm
My daughter is 4 months old and I think I used her changing table maybe 5 times.. Complete waste of money.. For my first I had a regular pank n play with the raised level for the bassinet and I used it tons. With this one I got a used co-sleeper and I love it. Its about half the size of a pack n play and one side comes down and goes next to ur bed. It's awesome when they are so little if you are nursing.. With my first she slept in my bed alot cause when I moved her she woke up but with the co-sleeper it is so easy to put them in I slept much better hwen I had the bed to myself...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics