Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Desperately Need this Answered

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 2:38 am
I work for a Tzeddakah, Yad Ezra v'Shulamit. It is a good tzeddakah, giving 86% of all money donated directly to the poor. This is a pretty good number.

We at times, like all charities, must do mass mailings. Every time we do a large portion of the mailings end up either marked as spam, so the recipient never sees them (this happens even if the particular letter is sent out singly or in small groups of five or so. The other problem is a massive amount of "demon mailer" response.

For whatever reason the email doesn't get to its party.

HELP. What can I do, not being a computer techie, but well enough versed that if you told me what to do I could do it, to help ensure more of the mails get to the person to whom they were directed.

Please help. This is frustrating to no end. I sent out over 500 mails, and got back, well probably at least 100.

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 2:42 am
Try a bulk emailer program like this: http://www.sendblaster.com/ perhaps?

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 2:49 am
I agree. But my boss doesn't want to use an outside program. I'll suggest this one to her, but I think she'll probably say no.

I need to somehow reformat her mail program so that the emails are marked Procedure: Bulk Mail, or something to that effect, but I've no idea how to do it.

It takes so long to send these emails out.

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 2:51 am
Is she aware of how inefficient and time consuming 'her way' is?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 10:24 am
Do you see a pattern of specific recipient domains sending back those messages?
I.E. Many yahoo or comcast ones, but not so many gmail ones?

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 11:09 am
They are a mix.
Sometimes I can see the error; a missing last letter or spaces or periods where there shouldn't be periods, but basically, just a lot of emails that are just a lot from many different domains.

If they were all from the same domain I would figure it is a problem between our email system and their white/black list system. But that isn't the case. Confused Wish it were, then there might be an easy fix.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 2:23 pm
YESHASettler is right, a bulk email program or service is the best answer. Otherwise (beside the other problems you have) you risk exceeding the number of emails your server or ISP will allowed to be sent at once and they can all bounce.

I recently helped a non-profit here who had been doing it your way and was now having these problems. They were very hesitant to go to a bulk email solution, but now that they've done so, they're thrilled.

It is also common courtesy as it gives people the opportunity to opt out. If I were to receive the kind of email you are sending it would just make me mad rather than causing me to be sympathetic to your cause.

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 2:40 pm
I agree. There are a lot of ways it is good.

The people who receive the mailings are mostly friend and donors that she has connected to in the past; it isn't a random list.

But we still have a number that just don't update us. Or the mail goes to spam, or who knows? I don't know how demon mailer works.

Which email program did the non-profit you worked for use?

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 2:46 pm
HindaRochel wrote:
I agree. There are a lot of ways it is good.

The people who receive the mailings are mostly friend and donors that she has connected to in the past; it isn't a random list.

But we still have a number that just don't update us. Or the mail goes to spam, or who knows? I don't know how demon mailer works.

Which email program did the non-profit you worked for use?

They wound up with Constant Contact which is probably more than you need because they also started a new program of email marketing (fully graphic stuff beyond simple emails) and hired a designer for it that was comfortable with Constant Contact.

HindaRochel

Post Wed, Jan 06 2010, 3:15 am
actually from what I've seen of Constant Contact it could do us a lot of good. I'll run it by her.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Jan 06 2010, 8:21 am
HindaRochel wrote:
actually from what I've seen of Constant Contact it could do us a lot of good. I'll run it by her.

Constant Contact is excellent at what it does. It does take some experience with their system (or an HTML designer) to do full graphic stuff with it though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics