Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
My tefila was answered with a note on menorah
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Charcoal

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 2:22 am
I too want to publicize and thank Hashem for granting me my request that I left on the menorah last year. I bH have an adorable delicious new bundle!!!!! Other thing I asked got answered partially in a interesting way. I just did the segulah again tonight and wrote many more things. Hashem can do anything right?!! So I can ask and daven .
Hoping all our tefillos are answered bkarov!!!!try it , it can't hurt.

amother
Buttercup

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 2:23 am
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
My only request is the complete revelation of Hashem's sovereignty through the Melech haMoshiach and the Beis Hamikdosh

Put it under the menorah zos chanukah until next year
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....39474

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 4:02 am
I wrote a note last year and unfortunately Hashem answered me no. Last night I wrote another note and put some very personal requests. This morning my 11 ds took the note off the menorah (it was sellotaped around the leg of the menorah) and read it out half loud, I only realised he was reading it just as he asked me in disbelief about my request. I got so mad at him
I feel so embarrassed, angry and hurt that he thought he can just take something so private without asking and read it.
He ran off to his room after I shouted at him. I guess I'm just venting. Or is it not such a big deal?

Rappel

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 4:11 am
amother Indigo wrote:
I wrote a note last year and unfortunately Hashem answered me no. Last night I wrote another note and put some very personal requests. This morning my 11 ds took the note off the menorah (it was sellotaped around the leg of the menorah) and read it out half loud, I only realised he was reading it just as he asked me in disbelief about my request. I got so mad at him
I feel so embarrassed, angry and hurt that he thought he can just take something so private without asking and read it.
He ran off to his room after I shouted at him. I guess I'm just venting. Or is it not such a big deal?

You left an interesting paper out in an odd place. His picking it up and reading it isn't a big deal. Your losing your temper at him is a big deal.

Time to go repair that part of it.

zaq

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 10:19 am
amother Indigo wrote:
It's a huge deal. Your son crossed several major lines. See my post on the thread in which another asks if it's ok to read her child's kvittel. Add to that the element of the chutzpah towards a parent.
You need to have a serious talk with your son explaining why what he did is unacceptable. At 11 he's quite old enough to understand. IMHO there should be consequences, too, not just a talking-to.

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 10:24 am
amother Indigo wrote:

Was he familiar with the idea of taping a note to the menorah? If he didn't know what it was, I could see why he might start reading it aloud. One doesn't generally encounter private notes taped to menorahs, and an 11 year old who doesn't know what it is and is not mature enough to realize it's private could read it aloud in all Innocence.

amother
Tuberose

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 10:55 am
amother Fern wrote:
I learned that one should never ask for anything too specific because you might not realize that exactly what you asked for was not the best thing for you ,or you left out something critical so what you asked for turns out to be not quite what you wanted. I would never ask for my kid to find a shidduch this year, for example. I asked for my kid to find the right person at the right time whenever that might be.

I just found my note from last year.
I was answered to most of it but not at all in the way I wanted or expected.
May Hashem give me strength to work through all this.

agreer

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 2:09 pm
Even though I didn't get everything on my note, I'm still going to try again this year.

** I guess I should add that I got 3 things out of 8, so I am very grateful for those things and publicizing that it worked!!!

Thank you Hashem. Lay lay lay lay lay...thank you Hashem!

amother
Starflower

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 3:00 pm
I'm so happy to see Hashem sent so many yeshuos! This thread brightened my day.

amother
Skyblue

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 3:07 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
My only request is the complete revelation of Hashem's sovereignty through the Melech haMoshiach and the Beis Hamikdosh

Amain! I daven that this is answered.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics