Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
A little note

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 5:01 am
Dear teachers, bus drivers, principals and therapists,

It is currently 4:54 as I’m starting to write this while nursing my baby.
I just finished writing cards for many of you and I’m just hoping this card and chocolate and for those of you who got tips- will actually convey our hakaros hatov for you.

I’m a bit lightheaded, and my tendinitis flared up from all the writing, so the last few cards, which may be yours, may be a bit sloppy and hopefully the words are coherent enough to express our feelings.
But above all, I really hope y’all appreciate the effort we put into this, and don’t snort at ugh, another chocolate- who needs it, such a small tip or no tip (because I’m not tipping therapists and principals as that would be way above the budget…) as is this cost us hundreds of dollars and my entire night…

Sincerely,
Love your students mom

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 5:11 am
I have a small family so only had to do m’m for:

5 therapists
7 teachers
5 principals (skipped one because gave her a chanukah gift)
5 bus drivers
1 bus matron

I didn’t start on the boys yet bec that can go Thursday… and some other school staff not listed above that well deliver personally. Above is just for sending out shortly…

Eta, just realized I missed one teacher (she teaches dd once a week)
And I would’ve loved to send secretaries too, to acknowledge them, but ahh, I’m falling from my nose…

Ok ladies, thanks for giving me the space to share my exhaustion!

SuperWify

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 5:42 am
I relate!

I have a small family and I did

3 main teachers
6 assistants
4 therapists
1 rebbe
2 principals who go above and beyond

My hand hurts, my handwriting is sloppy by now and I didn’t give the security guards, secretaries, all the principals, the occasional assistants ect

amother
Celeste

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 8:07 am
This is why I only do cards on chanuka. Teachers get my regular mishloach manos with a gift card. Therapists get my regular mishloach manos, no gift or card. Only do cards for Rebbeim. I abhor writing, I have a terrible handwriting and my hand kills after. I really don’t think they need my cards, and the only reason I even write the rebbeim a card is because I don’t want to stick cash in an envelope with no card.

amother
Celeste

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 8:08 am
Sunny Days wrote:
I have a small family so only had to do m’m for:

5 therapists
7 teachers
5 principals (skipped one because gave her a chanukah gift)
5 bus drivers
1 bus matron

I didn’t start on the boys yet bec that can go Thursday… and some other school staff not listed above that well deliver personally. Above is just for sending out shortly…

Eta, just realized I missed one teacher (she teaches dd once a week)
And I would’ve loved to send secretaries too, to acknowledge them, but ahh, I’m falling from my nose…

Ok ladies, thanks for giving me the space to share my exhaustion!

Bus drivers? Principals? You’re very nice but it’s over the top. At most give them mishloach manos without a card.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 8:11 am
Cards are hardest!
I have 10 to write!!

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:06 pm
From the other end of the desk: I haven't taught in years, but ages ago when I did, and even before that when I was a teacher's assistant and tutor, I still remember how much I appreciated those notes! Even if all they came with was a chocolate bar. I even remember a few that came with nothing, it was just the note, but I appreciated them so much. I can't speak for everyone, but for all those parents who just put in so much time, effort, energy, and thought into putting together notes or packages or tips or any combination of those - I know that I, for one, really appreciated it! Thank you!

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:25 pm
amother Lavender wrote:
From the other end of the desk: I haven't taught in years, but ages ago when I did, and even before that when I was a teacher's assistant and tutor, I still remember how much I appreciated those notes! Even if all they came with was a chocolate bar. I even remember a few that came with nothing, it was just the note, but I appreciated them so much. I can't speak for everyone, but for all those parents who just put in so much time, effort, energy, and thought into putting together notes or packages or tips or any combination of those - I know that I, for one, really appreciated it! Thank you!

Thank you!
Makes me feel better about the sleepless night! Hopefully these staff members are of this kind Very Happy

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:27 pm
amother Celeste wrote:
Bus drivers? Principals? You’re very nice but it’s over the top. At most give them mishloach manos without a card.

This is what I always wonder, bec see what lavender wrote…

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:32 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I relate!

I have a small family and I did

3 main teachers
6 assistants
4 therapists
1 rebbe
2 principals who go above and beyond

My hand hurts, my handwriting is sloppy by now and I didn’t give the security guards, secretaries, all the principals, the occasional assistants ect

Totally!

I ended up packing up a couple of extra m’m about 6 am so my daughters can give to the secretaries.

Meanwhile, I forgot my son doesn’t have English tomorrow so have to send today. so after sleeping for about an hour and he had to leave, my husband nicely took over and jotted a quick thank you for his teacher- and at least the m’m was ready.

And then I remembered I forgot my other daughters new tutor, so was happy had one for her, though that went without a note. But it’s such a relief to have the stress of teachers/principals off my list.

Tonight will be Tottys job to write for rebbi and menahal. So I’ll just have to make sure it gets done lol!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics