Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Back-handed Mazel Tovs
Previous  1  2  3  4

chaylizi

Post Fri, Mar 05 2010, 2:08 pm
sarachana wrote:
gold21 wrote:
I cannot comprehend how a father who just had a baby girl can be anything other than ecstatic and overcome with joy. its bizzare. having a child is so intense and amazing, how can a parent be blah about it simply because he would have preferred a boy????

I know many fathers that are like this (including mine and my dh)....they love their girls but are dying for a son...very normal!

Sorry. I don't think that's normal at all. B"H my husband loves my girls & my boy & appreciates them for what they are. I have never once heard him say that he preferred something else. He was completely in love from the second they were born.

amother

Post Sat, Mar 06 2010, 11:04 pm
Talk about insensitive.... When my daughter got engaged, my FIL asked if the boy was Orthodox....... because my daughter never wanted a learning boy!!!! OY

amother

Post Wed, Mar 17 2010, 5:17 pm
amother wrote:
after I had my 4th dd in a row (no sons) someone said "well Mazel Tov anyway!"

This is a very typical response actually. I can't even count the times I've heard something along these lines of "well you'll have a boy eventually" or "it's ok, girls are ok too" or "so, are you going to keep trying for the boy?" Of course I do have six girls bayh" but DH and I were both thrilled about that!

kalsee

Post Thu, Mar 18 2010, 9:04 am
Hashem loves me wrote:
mammele26 wrote:
neverbored wrote:
Love My Babes wrote:
when G-d gave out brains, she thought He said stains, and asked for hers to be permanently removed....

LOL never heard that one before!

My dm's version: When G-d asked 'Who wants brains?', you thought He said pains, you said you didn't want any...

are these from the same poem as 'when G-d gave out noses you thought he said roses, and asked for a big red one'?

When God gave out brains
I thought he said trains
And I missed mine.

When God gave out looks
I thought he said books
and I didn't want any.

When God gave out noses
I thought he said roses
And I asked for a red one.

When God gave out legs
I thought he said cakes
And I asked for two round ones.

When God gave out chins
I thought he said gins
And I ordered a double.

When God gave out heads
I thought he said beds
And I asked for a soft one.

Since then I've been trying to
Listen Better Now.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 18 2010, 12:41 pm
I have 3 boys, and I must say that by the 2 younger ones I wished I was having a girl, and the nurses asked me each time if I wanted to know what I was having. I always said no because I knew that if I knew it was a boy I'd be disappointed, but at the time I actually had the baby I was so happy that I had the boy. I love all 3 boys with all my heart and would never want to change them for anything, but that doesnt change the fact the I hope the next time I have a girl (if I have a boy, I'm not giving him up).
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette