Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Always arguing?

drumjj

Post Mon, Jul 19 2010, 4:35 pm
hi, I wonder if anyone has any ideas how to stop my five and seven year old daughters from arguing with each other all the time? its doing my head in, in a major way.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jul 19 2010, 4:38 pm
Hate to say Get Used to It but you might have to.

drumjj

Post Mon, Jul 19 2010, 4:46 pm
really helpful. Thank you

Tehilla

Post Mon, Jul 19 2010, 4:48 pm
I don't know. I'm in the same situation as you, almost same age.

I try to play more directly and supervise more and get out more when I see we're (or they're) in a cycle of arguments.

Other than that I just try to keep them from beating each other and screaming lol.

Sometimes I wonder what the neighbors think.

drumjj

Post Mon, Jul 19 2010, 4:50 pm
they dont hit at all they are not physical, its just words but sometimes it starts at six in the morning and all I can think of is I dont want to get out of bed to face that again.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jul 19 2010, 4:52 pm
drumjj wrote:
really helpful. Thank you

I'm sorry. You say "it hurts your head". But kids are kids. You may have to just learn to tune them out.

Did you fight as kids? My mom said we weren't normal, the way we fought. At some point, if no one is getting hurt, we have to let go. You can't change people's nature.

Now what do you say ?

drumjj

Post Mon, Jul 19 2010, 4:53 pm
yes I did but I dont think constant fighting is normal. and when I have another child crying on top of it all day long its not so simple to just 'tune it out'

Tehilla

Post Mon, Jul 19 2010, 5:00 pm
drumjj wrote:
they dont hit at all they are not physical, its just words but sometimes it starts at six in the morning and all I can think of is I dont want to get out of bed to face that again.

My kids also start at 6am. They don't always hit and of course I address that immediately. I'm slightly exaggerating as I sympathize. Be happy they aren't physical!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children