Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
I don't want to always know when DD has her period
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Hyssop

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 9:51 am
amother Oak wrote:
A bit off topic here, but always been wondering: what do you teach your daughters to do when they have their period and it's a school day? How do they change their pad in the school bathroom? That was always such a nightmare for me as a teen. My mom never spoke to me about these things and I didn't want my friends to know anything.

When I had my period, I used to arrive at school 10 minutes earlier than others and place a pack of pads in the bathroom. I left them there for others to use during my period and after I was finished. I noticed that others were using them, and it made me happy.

I realize this may not work in a town where girls have to take the bus and all arrive at school simultaneously.

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 9:56 am
amother Oak wrote:
A bit off topic here, but always been wondering: what do you teach your daughters to do when they have their period and it's a school day? How do they change their pad in the school bathroom? That was always such a nightmare for me as a teen. My mom never spoke to me about these things and I didn't want my friends to know anything.

Always had a bunch in my backpack. I usually used the compartment reserved for an MP3 player back in the day... no one would go in there looking for something and if I reached in for my Chumash it wouldn't be seen. I would sneak one up my sweatshirt sleeve and go to the bathroom. Stalls usually had garbage bins. If not, I would wrap in toilet paper carefully and toss in the big pail as I went to wash my hands. And pretend it wasn't mine when I tossed my paper towel.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 10:00 am
Sneaking pads to the bathroom in school was always a nightmare, or getting my period in school and by mistake not having a pad in my bag.
Why isn’t it normal for schools to have a stack in the bathroom, it’s almost a necessity like toilet paper in an all girls high school?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 3:05 pm
Chayalle wrote:
My teen uses period underwear with tampons - win-win combination. She doesn't feel gross, and she's less afraid of leakage. Tampons are not so hard to be discreet with. They put it in their pocket or up their sleeve....

And if no tampon, pad on top of that underwear, removed halfway through the day should be fine without replacing it

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 3:18 pm
Demand your school puts products in the bathroom. In my kid’s school the bathrooms near the 6,7,8 classes have products in each stall.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 3:29 pm
amother Azure wrote:
Sneaking pads to the bathroom in school was always a nightmare, or getting my period in school and by mistake not having a pad in my bag.
Why isn’t it normal for schools to have a stack in the bathroom, it’s almost a necessity like toilet paper in an all girls high school?

My sister in high school started doing that. Just leaving a whole package of pads in the bathroom, and everyone just takes. She says just taking one matter of factly is easier than sneaking it up your sleeve.
I also feel like it's one of those things, some girls have no problem talking about it and for others (like me) never ever said a word when I got my period.

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 3:31 pm
Yes was always so awkward on high school, not really because of my friends but because we had a lot of rabbi teachers who were always walking around so it was uncomfortable to carry a pad to the bathroom and we always had to hide them

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 4:00 pm
I have a few teenage girls B’H and I’ve taught them that when they throw out a pad, they should always take toilet paper and cover it up. It’s uncomfortable when younger siblings throw out a dirty tissue and get scared because there is blood in the garbage.
She covers the pads up and then you don’t have to know when she gets it.

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 6:45 pm
amother Latte wrote:
Why is it so difficult? Take your pad and change it. Don't most bathtooms have a little garbage dispensor in the stall?

You would think. right? When my agency moved to a newly renovated location, there were no such receptacles in the stalls, only a big trash can near the sinks. The safety and health committee had to go to the management and lobby for installing them. I believe they used the "OSHA violation because of potential employee exposure to bloodborne pathogens" argument.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children