Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
I need help dealing with my neighbor!
Previous  1  2

Mommastuff

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 11:32 pm
They say that if you start saying one nice thing about them daily that you may come to really believe them. I think this is an emotional battle with in you; it's not just about cleanliness. I can imagine that you have a personality that likes to feel in control. You CAN control your actions and responces when you can't control a situation.

You know, she may just be careless or maybe she senses your anxiety about the mess and just trying to tick you off. Either way, you can change yourself, not hers. Don't fret about that which isn't important. Save your energy for cleaning up that mess! You may just break out in a smile when you've lifted the yolk of control. Very Happy

Israeli Mother

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 5:57 pm
I think that instead of expecting your neighbor to keep everything they way that you like it you will just have to either put up a baby fence on the porch or watch your baby better. What do you do when you go to a park? Do you expect everything to be spotless so that your baby doesn't find anything to put in her mouth? Yes, it's a pain. But it's your job to protect your child.

If you are able to clean up both sides of the porch without feeling very annoyed, so you can do so. Otherwise, just keep an eagle eye on your baby. I also agree with your husband that you should keep the baby bike inside -- it's your responsibility to protect your baby's things.

Laughing Bag!

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 9:11 am
ok I need more advice on this issue. last yr I ended up beinghead and toe over my dd and wouldnt let her out if I though it was too dirty/ unsafe (they had a kiddy pool out)...
this year she is older and I have another baby so its a litle more complicated dd is old enough to take things left out on the table ... GROSS! she touches everything Wink and those kids are slobs all over her lke the day I found some of their supper on her sholder Sad and I cant stand it ( im the type of person where ill keep to myself and you keep to urs Wink ) anyway I finally convinced dh that that while were putting up a hight fence for safty we shud put up a divider fence for privacy.
I mentioned it to "my neighbor" and I feel I little guilty but feel too bad. her response was so ull put a wall there?! where would u put it, and my kids love to play with the kids on the next porch (near my side){however it always seemed like they r talking to the kids across the street which they do too Wink } and it will become so small (only 8 ft x 14 ft instead of double that) ............

Anyway I dont feel like mentioning it to my dh as he would right away say ok no divider just like he did when these neighbors asked him to keep his Dirty work shoes in the house, I told dh to tell hem to live in their own house instead of the hallway! but it never works Sad

SO NOW WHAT DO I DO?!?!

mother48

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 9:20 am
you put up that divider!!!!!!!!

let your neighbor know that for the safety of your baby it needs to be up, and if her children want to walk to the other neighbors, they will have to use the front door. it is YOUR porch. there is nooooooo need to fell guilty or bad.

Put up the gate and come back and tell us so we can congratulate you:)

Laughing Bag!

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 11:57 am
mother48 wrote:
you put up that divider!!!!!!!!

let your neighbor know that for the safety of your baby it needs to be up, and if her children want to walk to the other neighbors, they will have to use the front door. it is YOUR porch. there is nooooooo need to fell guilty or bad.

Put up the gate and come back and tell us so we can congratulate you:)

these neighbors are not like the normal mainsteam people they are a "nebach" family so we need to be sensitive besides they live here for years while I moved in less than 2 yrs ago so for them its like taking away their property although they treat everything like their property and bh I have a lock on all my doors so they know to knock Wink

but iyh I do hope to put up that divider I saw one that isnt very high so I might put it and then let her kids go over (with my permission) I sometimes feel like such a witchy neighbor I feel so bad but I wanna have my limits otherwise I would have them in my bedroom Sad
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette