Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
OMG Kashrus goof - freaking out!!!
Previous  1  2  3

penguin

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 6:48 pm
Quote:
It's Sefardi superstition (I heard, anyways) that if a pregnant woman smells a food and has a craving for it and doesn't go and eat it, her baby will be born with a birthmark in the shape of that food.

might even be a gemara...

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned 'shvangedik'.

zaq

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 7:11 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Why is sentiente like pregnant?

she meant enceinte. I'm a poet and I don't know it.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 4:10 pm
shlomitsmum wrote:
ewa-jo wrote:
It's Sefardi superstition (I heard, anyways) that if a pregnant woman smells a food and has a craving for it and doesn't go and eat it, her baby will be born with a birthmark in the shape of that food.

I was going to say that!!!! LOL I have a brown triangle shaped spot on my back ..my mum must have craved pizza shock .

If your mouth waters it is a sakana and you get food on the spot (can't find pregnancy book now for exact source )Very Happy
So what does a woman do during the 9 days, if she has a craving for meat, and no siyum nearby? Smile

imaima

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 10:31 am
Mimisinger wrote:
Isn't preggo a tomato sauce or stroller? Wink

I don't say anything at all...though with previous pregnancies, I said I was "bumpin'"

As for the OP, in all seriousness, say sorry and be more careful next time, but don't worry, there's LOTS of room to say that you didn't make a big mistake.

And as an aside, if you still fell guilty, you can do kashering through boiling. Just drink some really hot tea. Sans the tea bag.

first humpin, then bumpin?

Liba

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 10:42 am
I am sure it won't make you feel better, but we had fleishigs for lunch today and I am so out of practice with remembering I am fleishigs that when I bought the kids slushies on the way home from the dentist (I know, not healthy, but it was a long walk in the sun to get to the dentist) I bought myself an ice coffee.

Half way through it I realized I had had fleishigs 4.5 hours prior. I got to teach my kids a lesson as we found the closest dumpster and threw it out. It was chaval since I was thirsty, a waste of money, but what you do when you realize you made a mistake.

I am not happy about it, but the only thing I can do is try to not make the same mistake again (any time soon at least!). I am human though and have the memory of a sieve. Hashem loves me anyway though and knows I am doing my best. That is all we can do.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen