Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Fasting on dialyses

egam

Post Tue, Sep 11 2012, 11:02 am
Does anybody have any experience with it? Are you allowed to fast? This is the first year my father is on dialyses. I'm going to call a Rav, just wanted to know if it's a legit question.

CatLady

Post Tue, Sep 11 2012, 11:35 am
Absolutely legit question in my books. I would check with your father's treating team beforehand and ask what their advice would be, based on your father's medical condition. This would help the rav make an informed decision, since not all dialysis patients have the same requirements.

Wishing you and your family a Happy and Healthy New Year!

egam

Post Tue, Sep 11 2012, 12:02 pm
Thank you. I spoke to his doctor yesterday, he said not to fast. Just got off the phone with A Rav who told me give my father shiurim. Will see how it will go. Good thing we were able to move his dialyses for the day after Yom Kippur. He still has to go on all other yom tovs.

Zus

Post Tue, Sep 11 2012, 3:20 pm
I would ask the doctor about shiurim too.

egam

Post Tue, Sep 11 2012, 3:45 pm
It hard to talk to him. He is one of the type "Hashem will forgive you for this". Will see how it will go. My father doesn't have much of appetite anyway. It's hard to feed him on the limited amount of food that he is allowed to have and likes.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Sep 11 2012, 5:49 pm
Refuah shelaima. I'm sure you will be rewarded for taking care of your father, especially on YK when you're fasting yourself and would probably prefer to focus on other things.

egam

Post Wed, Sep 12 2012, 9:17 am
MaBelleVie wrote:
Refuah shelaima. I'm sure you will be rewarded for taking care of your father, especially on YK when you're fasting yourself and would probably prefer to focus on other things.

Thank you. But while my parents spend all Shabbosim and Yomim Tovim with me the bulk of taking care of my father is on my mother's shoulders. She should have strenth and be healthy till 120 at least. I'm their spoke person, advocate, translator, researcher, shopper, etc. LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur