Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
ACNE-at wits end!
Previous  1  2

mickey mouse

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 6:14 am
chocolate moose wrote:
see a dermatologist

I've seen more than one, Thank you.

mickey mouse

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 6:18 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Google "Neem Powder". It's the leaves of a tree that grows in India, and it is AMAZING! In India, they say that if a man plants 3 Neem trees in his life, he is guaranteed to go straight to heaven and avoid unpleasant reincarnations.

It's cheap, it lasts forever, and it does all kinds of things for you. It kills bacteria, fungus and viruses, repels mosquitoes, curex dandruff, and clears your skin. You can chew the leaves, brush your teeth with it, mix it into your shampoo, and even put it on babies. I sprinkle it in my dog's bed to repel fleas, and make a tea out of it to rinse my oily hair. I even make little teabags full of it to store in my grain to repel meal moths. It even kills lice!

On my skin, I make a paste of the leaves, rub it on, and then rinse a minute later. Your skin will look gorgeous in just a few days, and your pores will be SO small! I use pure jojoba oil for a moisturizer (available in heath stores on on Amazon).

I went to my local Indian food place, where they have spices for sale. I found a one pound bag of Neem for $4.00. It's definitely worth looking around for!

Is sold as leaves? I saw it online as oils, soap, creams.

spring13

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 7:42 am
mickey mouse wrote:
FranticFrummie wrote:
Google "Neem Powder". It's the leaves of a tree that grows in India, and it is AMAZING! In India, they say that if a man plants 3 Neem trees in his life, he is guaranteed to go straight to heaven and avoid unpleasant reincarnations.

It's cheap, it lasts forever, and it does all kinds of things for you. It kills bacteria, fungus and viruses, repels mosquitoes, curex dandruff, and clears your skin. You can chew the leaves, brush your teeth with it, mix it into your shampoo, and even put it on babies. I sprinkle it in my dog's bed to repel fleas, and make a tea out of it to rinse my oily hair. I even make little teabags full of it to store in my grain to repel meal moths. It even kills lice!

On my skin, I make a paste of the leaves, rub it on, and then rinse a minute later. Your skin will look gorgeous in just a few days, and your pores will be SO small! I use pure jojoba oil for a moisturizer (available in heath stores on on Amazon).

I went to my local Indian food place, where they have spices for sale. I found a one pound bag of Neem for $4.00. It's definitely worth looking around for!

Is sold as leaves? I saw it online as oils, soap, creams.

The shampoo/body bar I posted contains neem oil. Definitely worth a try if chemical stuff isn't doing it.

willow

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 8:04 am
Could it be rosacea? Many adults confuse it.

evie

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 9:15 am
I have heard good things about probiotic creams for acne and acne scars.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 9:24 am
acne is almost always caused by an underlying condition with hormones. I have one myself, it's the worst thing. hormone conditions are not usually the most serious but they affect everything and one's well being so much. the hormones are incredibly important in the function of the body.

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 9:24 am
Try washing the affected area only with cold, cold water, not even lukewarm, pure chilly cold. Helps some a lot.

Some people use Hein.z apple cider vinegar, perhaps diluted in cold water, as a final rinse.

Clinique cleansing products are good, people say, particularly their solid bar and their exfoliating lotion.

Some dermatologists are willing to inject a pimple with a little cortisone, an anti-inflammatory.

A bit of natural sunlight is useful but I would not recommend serious sunlamp use.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 5:34 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

Ok so I bought 'neem powder'. On the online reviews they say to make a paste, but leave it on. You wouldn't recommend that?

cbg

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 5:52 pm
All these remedies sound good but everyone forgot the most important ingredient.
DRINK WATER. Lots and lots of water. 10-12 glasses full throughout the day and then some
You need to flush the toxins out of your body.
If you don't like plain water, put a little lemon, cucumber slices, mint, or ginger to make it more palatable

Do you have dandruff or an itchy scalp too? These are all signs of a toxic liver (in homeopathic terms)
Drink lots and lots of water

amother

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 5:59 pm
spearmint tea, twice a day. it reduces free testosterone in the blood

amother

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 8:48 pm
cbg wrote:
All these remedies sound good but everyone forgot the most important ingredient.
DRINK WATER. Lots and lots of water. 10-12 glasses full throughout the day and then some
You need to flush the toxins out of your body.
If you don't like plain water, put a little lemon, cucumber slices, mint, or ginger to make it more palatable

Do you have dandruff or an itchy scalp too? These are all signs of a toxic liver (in homeopathic terms)
Drink lots and lots of water

You right I really don't drink a lot of water. But I don't have dandruff or itchy scalp at all.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 12:32 pm
chaig wrote:
And what can you do for all the little black dots on the chin, nose and between the eyebrows?

You need to wash more carefully. Try a gentle facial brush and wash, wash, wash. Twice a day--at least.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics