Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Interesting:I-pod is assur!
Previous  1  2  3

supermom

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 1:37 pm
Shalhevet that was well said.

There are alot of people here in Israel that travel to their kollels. My fil travels almost two hours to get to his kollel.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 2:00 pm
the mayor of ny agrees with the ban

he might make it illegal to walk across the street with one because it

has caused many car accidents.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 2:43 pm
btMOMtoFFBs wrote:

Maybe its safer to stay away from this type of player for people with a weakness for improper Internet usage.

YES I totally agree. But I don't think we should all be deprived because some people need to stay away from it. Why should we stay away from things that are not problemtic for us, instead of just from our weak points? Universal banning is just unfair, or even counterproductive (makes people rebel, or prevents people from using it in a good way).

amother

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 5:39 pm
one more thing prob with the ipods are the video ones that you have boys in yeshiva with them.............

Ruchel

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 6:10 pm
amother wrote:
one more thing prob with the ipods are the video ones that you have boys in yeshiva with them.............

If they are unable to stick to clean videos, they should be forbidden to use it. Not us.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 7:21 pm
If it is such a serious learning kollel, why do they need the ban - why would anyone there have an ipod during learning hours.

The problem isn't with the psak, the problem is with the way of life revolving around negativity and bans. We learned in school that it doesn't take much knowledge to ban things. It takes a really great rav to be able to say "that is OK for such and such a reason".

DesignMommy

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 8:16 pm
What about the "Shas-pod?" (It is an I-pod that comes complete with all of Shas- you do not need to download anything at all!) It was a big thing at the last Siyum HaShas in the US.
I can see, though, that there might be psakim that are applicable to those in Bnei Brak that we would not appreciate or understand in the US, as life is very different.
I guess the bottom line is- We each have a Rav. Ask him and follow what he says.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics