Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Mrs. Nadoff, OBM

miriam

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 1:04 pm
I am sorry to share this info but Mrs. Miriam Nadoff, from Pittsburgh, was niftar this morning.

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 1:07 pm
How sad - I lived by her house for a year when I went to school in Pittsburgh and visited her a few years ago when I was there. She was a wonderful woman with a beautiful voice and a sensitive soul. May Hashem yisborach comfort your family in this very sad time.

miriam

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 1:10 pm
This community is really suffering from it.

shopaholic

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 1:10 pm
I don't know her but my mother is friends with her daughter who's daughter was a classmate of mine, who's daughter is in my DD's class now.

nechamimn

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 1:25 pm
This is an email I sent to my family this morning: I'll repost it here.I wanted to write some of the things I heard today at the funeral of Mrs. Miriam Nadoff A"H. being a relative newcomer to Pittsburgh I did not get to know her as well as I should have. 2 things times I did see her in action - one in the yeshiva office when asked if she was chaperoning the girls chanuka ice skating trip she responded : I say kapitel ayin - I'm not going ice skating!
and at a class she gave for women she said : if you treat your husband like a shmatte you become Mrs. shmatte.

her kids spoke at the funeral some of things that were said:
* she was always careful when saying Hashem's name in davening to have the proper kavonos, for this reason she was afraid to daven in her last days b/c she was having a hard time concentrating on Hashem's name
*watching her daven on a regular day was like watching anyone else daven neila
*she did not go to shul because she never spoke in shul and she didn't want to offend anyone by not talking to them
*in her last months she measred everything morsel of food she ate to make sure whether she was eating enough for a bracha achrona or not
*she had some kids chabad/ others not so she sometimes made pesach in 2 different kitchens so that all her kids could be together for yom tov
*she had pills she needed to take that made her very nauseous - one time her kids watched her taking them she held up the first one and said -Hashem I am taking this one because you love us, and she held up the second one and said Hashem I am taking this one because we love you
*the last words she said and I'm not quoting exactly: she woke one morning and the nurse asked her how she was feeling she answered: that's not important, whats important is that everything Hashem does is good.

I don't remember everything and this is all from memory so if I misquoted please forgive me. I just thought these were words worth sharing.

I know that she has children and ainiklach who are shluchim - it should be a zchus for her neshama.

and this all from a woman who grew up in Pittsburgh before there were Jewish schools.

proudmom

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 4:09 pm
BDE, she sounds like an amazing person.

gryp

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 8:03 pm
The Aron is passing by 770 in 45 minutes. Anyone going? I am IYH.

miriam

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 11:25 pm
GR, did you end up going?

gryp

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 9:01 am
Yes, Miriam, I did.

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 10:25 am
Interesting about the aron passing 770 do a lot of people have that done - so where was she buried - does anybody know how old she was - I knew her mother as well.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 11:15 am
hi - I am one of her many grandchildren. she was buried in har hazeitim as she wanted. the burial was today. she was 73.
I just wanted to say how much I appreciate all the kind words and stories.
I will keep them, and foward them to my mother who I know it will mean a lot to. if any one else knew her, or heard stories about her and wanted to post it, it would mean a lot to me. thank you.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 11:17 am
Quote:
I knew her mother as well.

BTW Bubby Rose Dunn is still alive, K'AH ad meah Veesrim.

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 11:20 am
good to hear about Mrs. Dunn - ad meah v'esrim!!!

creativemom

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 9:31 pm
I heard over and over again from my mother and her friends and shluchos here that when they were young mothers and Mrs Nadoff would give a class on marrige, they would hold on to her every words. I remember that class when she told us,
"If you treat your husband like a shmate, than you'll be Mrs. shmate."
During that class she also talked about the importance of using eidel speach, talking carefully and sensatively. This was something that Mrs Nadoff trully exemplafied. She spoke like a queen and in her I always saw royalty. This, I thought, is a true example of how a bas melech should be. Since that class I have tried to be very carefull in the words I choose, particularly with my husband. She realy left a lasting impression to me and many, many other women. Thank you Mrs Nadoff for giving us the sensativity, the tools, and the strength to carry on in such a way in building a strong and healthy marrige. We are proud, yet humbled to have had the opportunity to listen to and put into practice your words of wisdom.

Last edited by creativemom on Wed, Mar 28 2007, 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 9:53 pm
I wrote out a whole post with a few story's and then decided not to post b/c I"m not sure the family would appreciate it and as I work with Bubby Rose may she live to 180 (I once heard that once a person reaches 100 you stop saying to 120 and say to 180?) I'm bound by some confidentiality issues Smile

But I wanted to write and say that for the brief time I knew Mrs. Nadoff I was extremely struck by her Kibud Aim! And I hope that I can live up to her high standers with my own mother May she live to 120.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics