Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Twin pregnancy weight gain

amother

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 10:53 am
How much weight did you gain with your twin pregnancy, and howlong did it take to lose?
I want healthy babies but don't want toget too fat Smile
Ty!

amother

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 6:46 pm
Bump

Kumphort

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 7:36 pm
Too much and too long!

But that's Prob not what you wanted to hear.

Make sure to eat well lots of protien. Whole grains not a lot of junk and you shoukd be good.

I weighed about 45 pound less after giving birth than when I went in to give birth. Don't forget you have two babies two placentas two amniotic sacs so there is lots of stuff going on in there

Good luck. And enjoy twina

amother

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 9:21 pm
I gained about 35lbs with my twins and they were born 7 weeks early. I am not a big pregnancy weight gain person . I was also overweight going into pregnancy so my gain was acceptable.

TwinsMommy

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 9:27 pm
only 26 pounds and it maybe took a week to come off-- best diet ever. Smile

I was overweight to begin with. Skinny people preg with twins have it much harder I think. I was "showing" at 3 months but I just looked fatter in the belly for a long time.

amother

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 9:54 pm
Op here... I was small to begin with but at 20 weeks, I gained 30 lbs Sad and I honestly eat super healthy but I'm a water balloon Smile oh well!

TwinMama

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 11:14 pm
Omg you're all so lucky BH!! I gained 70lbs!!! embarrassed They were my first and I started off skinny. After each of my kids after the twins (3 BH) ,I was able to lose some weight but the leftover weight is holding on for dear life Rolling Eyes

Twinster

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 11:54 pm
I don't know how much I gained since I was on hospital bedrest and wasn't weighed. But right after giving birth I was about 10-15 lb more than my pre-pregnancy weight (I gave birth 2 months early). I was back to my normal weight at about two months pp.

A lot, maybe most, of the weight gain will come off at birth. Especially if you have water retention, which I had; it all went away soon after giving birth.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 12:35 am
I gained about 34 lbs @36.3 when they were born. I also was on bed rest and watched my diet due to suspected GD. I think I lost the bulk of the weight fairly quickly as I was very busy, but I had a surprise pregnancy that followed close behind so I piled on the pounds again. Still struggling with that weight plus extra now more than 13 years later 😁 Rolling Eyes

rac429

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 8:58 am
I lost 15lbs during the first trimester and then only gained 16lbs by the time my babies were born. I had very little appetite during my pregnancy. My babies came six weeks early and were 4.4 and 4.2lbs.

choco1

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 5:16 pm
I gained almost 50 pounds! But I lost all of it and basically was pretty skinny right before I got pregnant with my 3rd kh. Either way every pound is worth these amazing kids.. Of course that doesn't mean you need to watch yourself or be healthy.. But if you're careful and you gain , know it's for the best of things! Bishaa tova!

working hard

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 8:23 pm
I gained almost 60! pounds. Most of it was the last few weeks. My babies were born at 39 weeks and were 6.4 and 6.11. By 1 year postpartum (probably earlier but I did not check) I lost over 50 of those pounds. The last few hung on stubbornly until I stopped nursing, then they disappeared.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more