Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Pidyon Haben

amother

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 10:34 am
We are IYH making our son's pidyon haben soon and trying to keep the costs down (especially because his bris had so many people and turned out to be quite expensive!). Instead of hiring a caterer, we are doing things ourselves. Please post any ideas you have to make a nice pidyon haben that will still be tasteful but not too expensive.

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 10:45 am
one of my friends did deli subs.

Marion

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 12:35 pm
We did potluck. We asked each uncle/aunt to bring one thing. We ordered cheese and fruit and I made up the platters. The largest expense (which MIL offered to provide) was the lox platter and bagels. And we kept it only family, plus our 3 cohanim.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 3:45 pm
we did potluck too!

are you making it in the am? or right before shkiyah? if it's later, you can do soupk, too.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 6:08 pm
It's on Purim so as it is, people are being put out to come. I can't ask people to help with food too. And my MIL (who lives right near me) very strongly told me that she will not help me so I'm on my own...

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 6:27 pm
milchig or fleishig?
I also found that bris for baby #1 had many people...so we kept the invitations low(er) for the pidyon.
we had it catered, though.
maybe you can have some friends make salads, tuna, egg salad, etc...if you're having a breakfast. then just buy bagels, cream cheese, maybe some cake?
keep it simple

Marion

Post Fri, Feb 23 2007, 2:48 am
amother wrote:
It's on Purim so as it is, people are being put out to come. I can't ask people to help with food too. And my MIL (who lives right near me) very strongly told me that she will not help me so I'm on my own...

Put out to do a mitzvah?

So why don't you just do it at the seudah then, and ask a few extra neighbours to make up the minyan? 2 seudot in one day might be a bit much for you anyway with such a little one.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 6:19 pm
Someone I know is making a pidyon haben, and does not know where to get a silver tray for the baby.
does anyone know of any gemachs?
its tomorrow, so please answer ASAP!!
Thanks!!!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 6:26 pm
ask someone who has large leichter! that's usually what's used! the tray from underneath!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics