Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Have you seen hasgacha pratit in your life?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 12:42 pm
amother wrote:
It took us 3.5 years and countless fertility treatments to have our first child. We had no diagnosis - every test they took came out fine. Finally, we had a baby at a time that actually worked out perfectly based on different situations going on in our families and with our jobs. We B"H had a bunch of more children without needing any treatments afterward.

We went through several years of SIF to have our second child. It was a difficult time and I could not see any positivity in it. But a few years later, we decided to try again, and when I went back to start treatments (with a new doctor who ran new tests) we learned that we both carry a genetic disease. Had we not gone through IF, we may have found out the hard way.

(Not saying that IVF and PGD are the "easy way," but I'd take it any day over a child with a severe and rare disorder ch"v!)

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 12:52 pm
amother wrote:
I'm wondering, does hashgacha pratis happen to non Jews as well? Meaning a gentile needs something and has no idea where it will come from and suddenly the situation just resolves itself. Does this happen to them just as much?

Sure. A non Jew that I am good friends with was just telling me a hashgacha pratis yestersay. He didn’t call it that, but that’s what the story was.

I have hashgacha pratis stories everyday if I think about it.

STMommy

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 2:41 pm
amother wrote:
I'm wondering, does hashgacha pratis happen to non Jews as well? Meaning a gentile needs something and has no idea where it will come from and suddenly the situation just resolves itself. Does this happen to them just as much?

Here's a story just from today:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyl......html

zaq

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 3:18 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Sure. A non Jew that I am good friends with was just telling me a hashgacha pratis yestersay. He didn’t call it that, but that’s what the story was.

it.

I believe your friend would call it Divine Providence.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 7:14 pm
zaq wrote:

I actually don’t think he would. But he was trying to tell me that everything always happens for a reason and that even when things look down, they can always turn around and things will get better.

DREAMING

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 7:44 pm
amother wrote:
I can brag that my family has famous hashgacha pratis stories Very Happy . Sit back with a cup of hot chocolate and check these two out Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBGCNWcrM2E

https://www.chabad.org/theJewi.....y.htm

OMG I watched the first one am crying away. Unreal

Laiya

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 7:56 pm
zaq wrote:

Or, "The Universe"

zaq

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 9:49 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I actually don’t think he would. But he was trying to tell me that everything always happens for a reason and that even when things look down, they can always turn around and things will get better.

No, I meant the Christian equivalent of HP is Divine Providence, although the term does lack the connotation of intensely personal and individual stewardship. DP can be a rather diffuse blanketing of beneficence that is not necessarily focused on any one person.

Of course you didn’t say your friend is Christian. He may be of any religion or no religion at all.

pizza4

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 11:44 pm
I was desperate to have guests for shabbos, feeling like it would bring excitement to shabbos, here and there I'd invite but somehow it wasn't working out... then while playing a game one question was what's one thing you want for your weekend I said fervently guests! And that evening 2 relatives called one invited herself the other hinted and I quickly and joyfully invited! It's some extra work but now I'm so excited for company and looking forward to shabbos!
I feel like I kind of opened myself up to receiving what I wanted by saying it out loud... and Hashem listened.

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 1:56 am
My son decided right before Rosh Hashana that he wants to go to Uman. He asked my mom if she can help him with the money for the ticket. She threw a number on top of her head. Had no idea how she will pay that number. She gets home, opens her mail & finds a check , a tip from a client in the exact amount she promised. P s. She never ever got such an amount as a tip from a client.

dankbar

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 1:59 am
We once got to an attraction on chol hamoed at 6 pm. My husband was upset why we got there so late at first, but when we arrived they said from six o'clock on we have a discounted price....thanks for getting there so late due to traffic or other stuff.

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 2:18 am
My bros shidduch was amazing chain of events- really saw yad Hashem! For last zman he all of a sudden decided to switch over to a yeshiva in Monsey. He was standing at a corner to get a hitch. The person who gave the boys a hitch asked their names. Not one of them gave their real name besides for my bro. All of a sudden it clicked in his mind....that this name was just redt to his daughter. They weren't into the shidduch as someone was trying to badmouth my mom for no good reason. He chapped the opportunity & had a convo with my bro, without him knowing that it could be a potential shidduch. He was able to interview the said prospect without him realizing. He called the shadchan he wants to go ahead with this shidduch. It turned into a Mazel Tov! He was a fishmonger as a pro -- so he said he caught a good fish!

Pinkt standing at this corner pinkt at that moment he passed, pinkt he disclosed his real name....
Furthermore all the details that had to happen in order for the shidduch to happen....
Shadchan was first & only time shadchan.
My sis was talking to a camp friend, when she mentioned her sis is a kollel couple, trying to make a few dollars, trying to make shidduchim. My sis mentioned my bro. She was only friends with her that year. She pinkt mentioned this fact in convo. The shadchan sil worked with my mom for very short while. She was able to nullify all bad info against my mom. She came to work for my mom out of blue & left out of the blue....just for this shidduch to happen.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 8:35 am
In Argentina two weeks ago they were going to have the finals on shabbos despite both presidents of each team saying they should have it another day because their shomer shabbos fans won't be able to watch it. Actually some, less than a dozen, people went to Europe so they'll be able to watch the game because shabbos would be over there by the time the game starts here. It ended up being cancelled/suspended due to a lot of rain.

The game was supposed to be played yesterday again despite the presidents protests. The whole day we're, really my dh and kids, listening if anyone scored a goal because when they do, everyone is screaming. The whole day they thought it was 0-0 because we didn't hear anything. After shabbos they found out that it was suspended due to violence. Some fanatics were throwing rocks at their opponents bus. They're playing today! Very Happy

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 1:21 pm
I wanna share my hashgacha pratis stories recently:
I went upstate Thu night, for Black Fri shopping, with a group of women. We were given a designated time to shop, before returning to the bus. When time was up, we got a mess "no more shopping". I ran back to the bus, but I needed the bathroom desparately. When I got to the bus, the coordinator told me I can still run to the bathroom because not everyone is here yet. I went to get the facilities.....but omg! The line was from here to Canarsie! Hashem, if I wait here on this line, I will miss the bus but I cannot possibly get onto the bus for a 2hr ride without toileting before.

All of a sudden! I realize there's an empty single family bathroom at the side, with no lines, that nobody realized till now. I dashed in & out ( directed people from the back of the line to go there) & ran back to the bus in the nick of time. HOIDI LHashem!

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 1:42 pm
On Black Fri, I was in city at a store. When I gathered my few items I purchased, to go pay....I see a huge line that can take 1_2 hours. Salesperson says maybe you try upstairs by men's dept. Is there a shorter line there? She wasn't sure..."There are lines all over" As I'm heading upstairs...I am wondering whether there will be a shorter wait there, or same long & will miss my spot, where I was waiting already, on this line?!?!
What do I do?

HASHEM, it is erev shabbos! I cannot afford to spend entire afternoon waiting on line. I need to get home quickly!

As I'm getting out of this line to go check out the other one.....All of a sudden....a cashier decided to open up a new register at side, at that moment, in front of my eyes! No lines! Only the other 2 people that were in back of line, also directed upstairs. I paid for my purchases fast & in no time there was a huge line behind me!

If you open your eyes you see it!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics