Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Type in Hebrew

avimom

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 4:09 pm
Someone told me that to add in Hebrew words to any word doc, I just have to have it enabled. But I have the language loaded onto Windows and I have it enabled in Word. In fact, I can change the text to go from right to left. BUT, I don't have any Hebrew fonts. It says "david" (I think that's a hebrew one) but it types english characters. Do I have to load the fonts separately, or am I totally off as to how this works??

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 4:15 pm
I'm not a computer maven ... but ... right click on the EN to go to "properties" where it then gives you a choice of language input ? What get the HE for hebrew ... but don't take my word for it ... my son helped me ... Mr. Green

avimom

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 4:28 pm
for some reason, I don't have a EN???

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 4:31 pm
maybe it depends on the program you have ... like windows ... or XP ... or whatever else they are called ...

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 4:33 pm
there is at least one free Hebrew programs you can download.

Marion

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 5:05 pm
The "EN" appears in your lower toolbar, near the right hand corner at the bottom of your screen. You may not have that toolbar enabled. To show it, right click in the toolbar, select "toolbars", then select "language bar". Then, to change the language input selection (English/Hebrew), you can either right click in the language bar (where it shows "EN") and select Hebrew, or you can do it from Word by pressing CTRL+Shift at the same time. (You can actually do CTRL+Shift even if the language bar is not displayed below.) Don't forget to change the input direction! If you press shift when you are typing Hebrew, you will still get an English capital letter. David (and Miriam, and Aharon, and a few others) are all Hebrew fonts.

avimom

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 7:39 pm
THanks! I figured out how to do it on one word processing program, but I still can't figure it out on Microsoft Works. There is no choice of that toolbar, and the cntrl shift thing doesn't work at all... Do I have to enable something on Works?

avimom

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 8:54 pm
I just got it- it's a WINDOWS toolbar!! Oh!! Thanks guys!

MyKidsRQte

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 8:56 pm
Ive always wondered how to do the Hebrew. I do not have the language toolbar option, though

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 9:22 pm
go to control panel ... regional options ... input languages ... choose Hebrew ... something like that ...

Marion

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 12:00 am
avimom wrote:
THanks! I figured out how to do it on one word processing program, but I still can't figure it out on Microsoft Works. There is no choice of that toolbar, and the cntrl shift thing doesn't work at all... Do I have to enable something on Works?

Works can be finnicky about this...it doesn't always take the Hebrew properly. Word is fine with it.

Yeah, it's a Windows toolbar, sorry I thought that was clear.

MyKidsRQte

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 12:07 am
greenfire wrote:
go to control panel ... regional options ... input languages ... choose Hebrew ... something like that ...

I dont see an option for Hebrew Confused

greenfire

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 12:33 am
not sure anymore ... could be your program is dif ... sorry

su7kids

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 11:57 am
If you have Windows and you don't have languages installed, you may need to get your CDs and install that part. Most of us didn't install it as a default when we installed the Windows disks. Once you've installed the Hebrew you can do it, and you have to make it as a "major" language, and then you can alt-shift to change from עברית to English, without using your mouse. (and if You can read that word "ivrit" in Hebrew, you most likely have the languages installed!)

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Tue, Oct 16 2007, 12:28 am
yes it's shift + alt, not ctrl..
at least on my computer it is..

su7kids

Post Tue, Oct 16 2007, 12:35 am
נכון
The problem for me is that I do it so automatically, that I don't think what I'm doing.

Imaonwheels

Post Sun, Oct 21 2007, 7:05 am
After you get to regional settings languages you have to click on something for left - right then Hebrew, Arabic and Farsi appear.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics