Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Lupron for precocious puberty

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 10:16 am
Finished all the testing to get a diagnosis of precocious puberty for my daughter. We have an appointment to discuss treatment options with the ped endocrinologist later this week. Expecting to start Lupron. Can experienced moms help me out with what I can expect in terms of side effects? I already read too much online Sad
Moodiness? Weight gain? Other?
Are you glad you did it?

pesek zman

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 10:18 am
I was on Lupron as part of my infertility treatment and I know it’s not the same thing but there were no side effects. It’s meant to just sort of quiet your whole system and that’s what it did for me.

GreenEyes26

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 10:19 am
OP, feel free to PM me

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 10:21 am
My ds was on Lupron for a year, I didn’t see any side affects. Just slowed down his puberty.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 11:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Finished all the testing to get a diagnosis of precocious puberty for my daughter. We have an appointment to discuss treatment options with the ped endocrinologist later this week. Expecting to start Lupron. Can experienced moms help me out with what I can expect in terms of side effects? I already read too much online Sad
Are you glad you did it?

I have a relative that went on Lupron for a year. I think she regretted it. Is there any way to avoid it?

Obviously you want to be on it for as little time as possible.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 12:13 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
I have a relative that went on Lupron for a year. I think she regretted it. Is there any way to avoid it?

Can you please be more specific as to why she regretted it?

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 12:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you please be more specific as to why she regretted it?

I'm so sorry. I can't without violating her specific privacy rights. But ultimately, who knows if it helped? And she has some medical problems that don't impact her everyday life, but could have been caused by Lupron.

amother
White

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 1:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are you glad you did it?

I have a daughter not on lupron but on a surplin insert I only find the moodiness is when they first put it in but then it's in for a year and it's all good I don't know how old your daughter is but we didn't start hormones right away she started developing at about 8 years old. We where also dealing with a growth issue as well as the puberty issue.

amother
White

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 1:10 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:

Sometimes things are a little bit of a double-edged sword dealing with prepucios puberty depending on the age really needs to be treated. I don't know how old op is daughter is but getting your peiroid At like 8- 9 years old is hard . Going through early puberty can also stunt your growth.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics