Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Mrs Wieder for eating disorders
Previous  1  2

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 3:37 pm
OP, Mrs Weider is not made for life and death or mental health situations! She's not a therapist or doctor. I've used her for cycle/womens issues, she's good for that. But for an eating disorder?? Please see a proper doctor and therapist. Check her into psych of you have to. But don't seek treatment from some random women.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 5:28 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
OP, Mrs Weider is not made for life and death or mental health situations! She's not a therapist or doctor. I've used her for cycle/womens issues, she's good for that. But for an eating disorder?? Please see a proper doctor and therapist. Check her into psych of you have to. But don't seek treatment from some random women.

That what she advertises for.
I asked here because I, was hoping someone heard about her, or knows someone who used her and the experience they had, so I can bring it as proof.
All through the ordeal I've had a hard time getting through to him about the seriousness of this disorder and how sick she really is. Its like knocking on a wall Banging head Banging head Can't Believe It

amother
Red

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 10:51 pm
I know who Mrs Levinson from relief is. Call her up

oneofakind

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 1:08 pm
You don't have to get through to him. You have to protect your daughter. He rants, raves, sulks etc. too bad. Offer to go with him to an experienced Rav. If he refuses, you still do what you have to do. His denial should not prevent your daughter from getting treatment.

tothepoint

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 11:48 pm
Just heard a shuir from Rabbi Mordechai Weinberger on EDs. Can you have your husband listen to it (it seems like he is not grasping the magnitude of the danger ED can cause)

718-298-2011 option 1 #47
He also relates his shuirem in yiddish just not sure the corresponding #

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 8:05 am
oneofakind wrote:
You don't have to get through to him. You have to protect your daughter. He rants, raves, sulks etc. too bad. Offer to go with him to an experienced Rav. If he refuses, you still do what you have to do. His denial should not prevent your daughter from getting treatment.

I agree with this. A mother has to protect and care for her child no matter what. If the father is not on board and getting in the way of that, the mother's obligation is to the life of the child. Go around him.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 11:42 am
I had an eating disorder for over 20 years. Tried so many different things/ professionals/ organizations. The thing that actually helped me was working with Devorah Levinson from Relief. I actually saw 2 other therapists before going back to her and asking for a third referral who turned out to be the one to actually get me out of it. Expensive, but Worth. Every. Penny. Dont play around. Look for a real licensed and accredited professional.
I never thought I could or would get out of it but I did! Good luck!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics