Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Type of oil: potato kugel
Previous  1  2

pizza4

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 7:03 pm
I'm not sure, salamanca! I don't think I ever have a burnt bottom. But the way I make it is slightly different, so maybe someone else can weigh in.
I bake it at 350, the top gets crispy enough for me, I don't like it too burnt. But honest I'm not sure how long I leave it in the oven.

salamanca

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 7:13 pm
pizza4 wrote:
I'm not sure, salamanca! I don't think I ever have a burnt bottom. But the way I make it is slightly different, so maybe someone else can weigh in.
I bake it at 350, the top gets crispy enough for me, I don't like it too burnt. But honest I'm not sure how long I leave it in the oven.

Thanks! Can you possibly tell me the slightly different way you make it? If I bake it at 350 I just want to be sure that it is done enough inside.

pizza4

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 9:36 pm
salamanca wrote:
Thanks! Can you possibly tell me the slightly different way you make it? If I bake it at 350 I just want to be sure that it is done enough inside.

5lb/ 8 big potatoes
Onion
Small piece zucchini
8 eggs
½-¾ c oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Blend onion, piece of squash and 1 potato in food processor. Add eggs, oil, salt and pepper and give a few whirls to just combine. Switch to grating blade and add the rest of the potatoes. Pour into 9x13 and bake at 350 for 2½- 3 hours, or until top is browned and crisped.

Just a thought, maybe your oven temp is different and you need to use lower heat.
With these kinds of things, you need to try until you get it the way you like it,you figure it out. Hatzlacha!

salamanca

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 7:53 am
pizza4 wrote:
5lb/ 8 big potatoes
Onion
Small piece zucchini
8 eggs
½-¾ c oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Blend onion, piece of squash and 1 potato in food processor. Add eggs, oil, salt and pepper and give a few whirls to just combine. Switch to grating blade and add the rest of the potatoes. Pour into 9x13 and bake at 350 for 2½- 3 hours, or until top is browned and crisped.

Just a thought, maybe your oven temp is different and you need to use lower heat.
With these kinds of things, you need to try until you get it the way you like it,you figure it out. Hatzlacha!

Thanks.
I don't know how these things work, but I did put the batter in a much deeper pan than necessary. Maybe that wasn't a good idea. Anyway, thanks again!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes