Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Police theme
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 7:31 am
Looking for ideas for MM for a police theme that is not donuts & coffee. ( needs to be gluten free) Also, if anyone is good at writing poems and can tie in a police theme to Purim - I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 8:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Looking for ideas for MM for a police theme that is not donuts & coffee. Also, if anyone is good at writing poems and can tie in a police theme to Purim - I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

"Pigs" in a blanket (you can put a small packet of ketchup in for "blood"), with a "shot" of vodka in a "mug" (for mug shot).

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 9:14 am
If I do a theme I like to make it subtle. Like match the color. I would stick to blue and maybe accent with silver.

PinkFridge

Post Sat, Jan 18 2020, 9:49 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
"Pigs" in a blanket (you can put a small packet of ketchup in for "blood"), with a "shot" of vodka in a "mug" (for mug shot).

Ouch. Please don't.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 12:31 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:

Whoever hugged this is a humorless prig.

mommyfish

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 12:51 am
I have a business making poems and labels for themed mishloach manos. I’ve done police themes in the past. PM me if you’re interested in more info.

malki2

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 1:57 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:

That’s disgusting.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 2:01 am
malki2 wrote:
That’s disgusting.

It's accurate.

Roots

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 2:08 am
lol. u can always search on pintrest, I get tonz of inspiration from there

malki2

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 2:13 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
It's accurate.

Accurate to refer to police as pigs?

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 3:28 am
It's accurate.

How can you say an entire groups of hundreds of thousands are all terrible?
I never understood it.

DrMom

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 4:11 am
Whoever hugged this is a humorless prig.

I'm happy to be included among those who found the suggestion to be distasteful.

If somebody sent me that tasteless MM, I'd throw it straight into the trash.

OP, the doughnuts and coffee idea seems the most straightforward.

Or maybe you can do car-shaped sugar cookies with colored icing to look like a cop car? You can also do police badges and handcuff cookies.

Or a cops and robbers theme? Little cakes with files baked into them? (could be problematic from a safety perspective)...

malki2

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 5:51 am
It's accurate.

I assume that you have probably received a couple of tickets from cops, or maybe you underwent some other type of negative experience. But your attitude is the type that I thought is espoused only by anarchists, liberal crazies like Antifa, and Black rappers. The police are the hand of the government. Chazal said that if not for the government, people would swallow each other alive. The police are necessary to uphold the law, and as a Jew especially, I would be the first one to worry if the police were ever removed from their duties. So I have no idea why you would bear such animosity to people whose very job it is to protect you and uphold the rule of law, but I beg of you, please do not teach this to your children. Please also don’t refer to them as Nazis, as I have seen in the past, just because they pulled you over and gave you a ticket. It causes tremendous animosity, and it also minimizes the evil perpetrated by the Nazis.

Lizzie4

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 5:56 am
Someone once sent me 3 small muffin type containers - in red, blue, red (like sirens). In the red she put candies and in the blue one a small (muffin tin size) potato kugel

This is what they looked like:

https://kitchendance.com/4-oz-.....a50p/

She wrote a cute poem, I think also and wrapped them together nicely with stickers maybe. not sure

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 6:04 am
I don't get franks and coffee and all that. We did https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbc.....4E2BC

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 7:47 am
Ruchel wrote:
I don't get franks and coffee and all that. We did https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbc.....4E2BC

The traditional cop food is coffee and doughnuts.
Policemen are derogatorily referred to as pigs.

This past week Hamodia spoke about antisemitism and one editorial strongly recommended that parents make sure they never use derogatory terms about other groups, for many reasons, not the least of which is safety. Kal v'chomer not to use derogatory terms about the police, who, in this malchus shel chesed we can and should respect for the best reasons.

The chillul Hashem should such an idea go public (is this thread public) is not something pleasant to contemplate. So I'm glad that if this is open, there are so many voices condemning the suggestion.

Don't get me wrong, franks in blanks is a great MM. Oh, and if you google "pigs in a blanket" all you'll get are innocent recipes. But try googling "pigs in a blanket chant"....

nchr

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 7:52 am
I didn't understand the pig connotation either. What is the source for that? Where did it originate?

malki2

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 7:55 am
nchr wrote:
I didn't understand the pig connotation either. What is the source for that? Where did it originate?

See my earlier post.

malki2

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 7:56 am
OP, I can tell you that the pig theme will NOT be appreciated by most recipients of your mishloach manot.

nchr

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 8:05 am
malki2 wrote:
See my earlier post.

That is where the concept of pig originated or just dislike for the police?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics