Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Harry= Off the Derech?
Previous  1  2  3  4

imorethanamother

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 5:20 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
What interesting is the queen has custody of her minor grandchildren.

Per British law, the Queen has a lot of rights that she often doesn't exploit. She might have custody, but she's not going to wage a custody battle for Meghan's child should they divorce, the same way she didn't fight Diana's custody of her boys. She knows quite well what people will tolerate, and a monarch-esque show of force often backfires.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 5:40 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
Um, duh. I suspect a lot of it is soap opera, but it is interesting to watch how the Queen subverted her own personality, desires, and wishes for the sake of duty and service. And how that translated into a long lasting reign with extreme popularity.

Right. It also didn't portray Margaret of having much 'choice' in her life.

The Queen has had a long lasting reign because she didn't die or quit.

My take away from The Crown is that everyone wants out.

The show shows the struggles between personal desires and duty.

sleepybeauty

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 9:07 pm
pause wrote:
buzzfeed? Seriously?

But I'll bite. Already the first headline being compared is so different that if the rest are like this, there's no case here for her being the victim. Kate was ONCE found with ONE hand on her belly throughout three pregnancies while Meghan, in one pregnancy, had TWO hands on her belly EVERY single time she was out in public. I didn't need a headline to tell me what I saw: a highly UNclassy action in public, all the time! Not once, by mistake. I am not impressed by such action although others might like it because it shows how excited she is about the baby. Fine for them. But I don't expect a princess to act that way and that's why I'm disappointed.

Google “Princess Kate baby bump”. There are tons of pictures of her with her hand (and both hands-gasp!) on her bump. It didn’t just happen one time.

sleepybeauty

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 9:10 pm

Geulanow

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 9:59 pm
I heard a shiur this week, can't remember by whom. The speaker was talking about names. He mentioned that Harry was named after his grandfather, who abdicated the throne and was an admirer of nazi Germany.

urban gypsy

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 10:19 pm
sleepybeauty wrote:
Google “Princess Kate baby bump”. There are tons of pictures of her with her hand (and both hands-gasp!) on her bump. It didn’t just happen one time.

Pictures don’t do it justice. You need to see video. I was following an Instagram account that posted video of every public appearance during her pregnancy and I can confirm that the cradling rubbing and thrusting outward did indeed look freakish and unnatural.

zaq

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 10:01 am
Geulanow wrote:
I heard a shiur this week, can't remember by whom. The speaker was talking about names. He mentioned that Harry was named after his grandfather, who abdicated the throne and was an admirer of nazi Germany.

Harry’s grandpa is Prince Philip, Prince Consort to Queen Elizabeth. Harry’s great-great uncle Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David, known to the family as David, reigned as King Edward VIII for less than a year before abdicating, and was a well-known Nazi sympathizer. Harry’s official moniker is Henry Charles Albert David.

Harry can hardly be blamed for his great-great uncle’s sins. He has enough of his own.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 11:28 am
zaq wrote:
Harry’s grandpa is Prince Philip, Prince Consort to Queen Elizabeth. Harry’s great-great uncle Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David, known to the family as David, reigned as King Edward VIII for less than a year before abdicating, and was a well-known Nazi sympathizer. Harry’s official moniker is Henry Charles Albert David.

Harry can hardly be blamed for his great-great uncle’s sins. He has enough of his own.

He had to give up the thrown because he married a twice divorce American woman named Simpson their is a famous speech about him

zaq

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 12:27 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
He had to give up the thrown because he married a twice divorce American woman named Simpson their is a famous speech about him

There is a famous speech about him? By whom? About what? HE made a famous speech about giving up the throne for the woman he loved. His kid brother, Queen Elizabeth's father, made many famous speeches after he became king, especially to improve the morale of the British people during WWII. He was a stutterer, and public speaking was torture for him. His wife found him a discreet speech therapist who helped him manage his condition. See the film "The King's Speech." Warning--profanity. The profanity is, in fact, necessary to the story line. It's the only film I've ever seen in which the profanity was necessary. (Spoiler alert--he didn't stutter when he cussed.)

But fascinating as all this may be, what does it have to do with Harry?

zaq

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 12:35 pm
sleepybeauty wrote:

Oh, puhleeze you people! Have you any clue how absurd you sound? Where do you suggest a gravid woman rest her hands--on top of her head? She's not "thrusting outward"--she's pregnant. That's the normal posture fro a pregnant woman. Show me a pregnant woman whose belly doesn't precede her into the room? Cradling one's belly with one's hands is a natural instinct and a rather touching (oh, dear, I didn't intend that pun at all) one. An expectant mother is naturally protective of the child growing within and will shield it with her hands.

You're either a judgment of prudes or a glaring of cats just looking to tear the royals apart.

urban gypsy

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 12:40 pm
check the videos I posted under the s/o thread and tell me that is how mothers naturally walk
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics