Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Are you social distancing with your spouse?
Previous  1  2

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 4:22 pm
Yes.
I work in healthcare and I need to go to the hospital where there are confirmed, hospitalized cases. My husband is a diabetic asthmatic. I love him too much to get within 10 feet of him. Sleeping in a separate bedroom.
Keep him safe for a lifetime of togetherness and intimacy is more important than my needs RIGHT NOW. I am sure that I am being neurotically overzealous, but better penny wise than pound foolish.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 4:22 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
I will be isolating from my husband tomorrow. It's necessary. Iy"h it's not too late. We will live on different floors.

You're joking right?

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 4:25 pm
The pic says
The UK chief medical officer encourages all to avoid hugs, kisses, and all signs of affection.
Married couples should just continue as usual.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 4:27 pm
Delete

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 4:29 pm
Can't click on link

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 4:37 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
If you dont mind me asking, if it's really necessary why are you waiting until tomorrow?

I have guests who are staying until tomorrow. The upstairs needs to be sanitized. Cleaning lady is coming tomorrow.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 4:39 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
You're joking right?

I wish I were. It's going to be very hard.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 4:55 pm
no way. theres no point anyway, its almost impossible not to touch surfaces that your spouse has--you aren't going around with a lysol bottle on the microwave, kettle, doornob, lightswitch, book etc. Unless you KNOW he tested positive, families social distance as a unit.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 4:59 pm
of course not. it will not help any way.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 5:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I feel like I need to be held and be intimate with DH but is it dangerous? What are people doing?
OP, there is no need to socially distance yourself from the people you live WITH. Its everyone else who we are supposed to be staying a distance away from.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 5:54 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
If one goes down we are going down together. C'v's

Pun intended ???

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 2:53 pm
No, not possible

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 3:46 pm
I am social distancing WITH, not FROM, my spouse and children.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 3:47 pm
In China there was an increase in divorce due to quarantines.

lavenderchimes

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 3:59 pm
No one is recommending that you isolate from your household, UNLESS you were exposed or are getting sick, in which case you should try to quarantine yourself as much as possible and wipe down everything you touch.

mommyhood

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 4:05 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Yes.
I work in healthcare and I need to go to the hospital where there are confirmed, hospitalized cases. My husband is a diabetic asthmatic. I love him too much to get within 10 feet of him. Sleeping in a separate bedroom.
Keep him safe for a lifetime of togetherness and intimacy is more important than my needs RIGHT NOW. I am sure that I am being neurotically overzealous, but better penny wise than pound foolish.

It doesn’t sound neurotic to me. It sounds like you’re in a unique situation and the fact that you’re continuing to work and help others while giving up the physical closeness with your husband is inspiring.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 5:02 pm
As the security guard in my daughters school quipped, “this virus is just a test to our marriages”..

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 5:58 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
I have guests who are staying until tomorrow. The upstairs needs to be sanitized. Cleaning lady is coming tomorrow.

You probably should not have a cleaning lady come if your risk is high enough to isolate from your husband.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics