Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Avoid eating after dinner
Previous  1  2

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 10:48 pm
mra01385 wrote:
I can eat whole wheat bread but I also like rye bread. Also do you eat any pasta? What did you eat on shabbos and yomtov?
Also are you still keeping to the diet and excercise even after losing all that weight? I need to lose like 20lbs.

I try not to eat after dinner but it's hard for me to be strict with it at this point. I don't really need to lose weight now but I'm eating healthy in order to maintain my weight. I don't really eat pasta or potatoes. Shabbos I ate and still eat regular shabbos food but in moderation. Whenever I cheat and eat more junk then I should, I gain weight. The only way for me to maintain my weight is to eat healthy. And I only drink water.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 10:53 pm
I agree that eating late is a hard one to break. I actually only became aware of it as an issue for me relatively recently. I find that if I eat a good solid dinner AND Don’t go to bed too late, it works much better for me than Staying up late and eating sparingly. If I eat too early it’s not good either. I don’t eat carbs except in the form of low carb veg. Fresh onions and garlic mAke me want to eat because of the residual taste in my mouth.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 11:06 pm
mra01385 wrote:
Does not eating anything after supper really help to lose weight?

YES.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 2:13 pm
mra01385 wrote:
I can eat whole wheat bread but I also like rye bread. Also do you eat any pasta? What did you eat on shabbos and yomtov?
Also are you still keeping to the diet and excercise even after losing all that weight? I need to lose like 20lbs.

I eat white spelt. Brown rice pasta is a great substitute for pasta (cooked exactly as written on package not minute more or less...)
I do water first thing in morning. then coffee (10oz). breakfast at 10:30 spelt matzah, eggs, fruits. Lunch hummus or tuna or avocado with veg and ww crackers. supper soup, chicken, potatoes (also sweet) veg, brown rice pasta, brown rice, lentils, quinoa, millet etc.

I dont have any white flour in my house. Its not good for anyone. Plenty of filling foods available without it.

jetset123

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 2:22 pm
I also try not to eat after 6 its kind of like intermittent fasting I love the results I wake up after few days of doing it and my belly is so much more flatter! Its hard though I try to make myself fall asleep earlier than usual just so I dont end up eating something
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise