Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Anti-Vax Memes
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 11  12  13  Next

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:26 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
If you read up the latest science on autism,
Firstly, in one study, 70 percent of the kids with diagnosed autism tested positive autoantibodies that attack the brain.
In another study, they found lots of bacteria in the brains of autistic patients after autopsy.
In another one, they found that if the mother was sick during pregnancy, the cytokines passed thru to fetus and thus baby was more likely to have autism.
I'm cv not questioning the epigenetic or genetic component to autism, and spectrum disorders. But science is evolving that it is most likely an autoimmune condition and we KNOW that autoimmune conditions are VERY genetic.
The question than becomes if we can catch this autoimmune condition early enough to prevent or reverse the brain damage caused by bacteria or autoantibodies attacking the brain.
If we stop at an autistic diagnosis, we might be missing something that can heal our children.
Another thing, my autoimmune condition was triggered by a virus I caught (I had bad flu and autoimmune thyroid disorder followed, which the endocrinologist said is quite common).
If we go by that premise, it CAN make sense why vaccines (or any virus or infection etc) MIGHT trigger some babies with autoimmune predispositions to become autistic.
Its not ONLY vaccines that may trigger it. But really any childhood infection.
As science evolves (and because of politics in research, it may take years), I think it will become more common for autoimmune testing and lumbar punctures to be done on babies that start regressing into autism etc. Or even display those traits initially. The faster you calm and treat an autoimmune disorder, the more likely that the children will heal.
I wish a refuah shelaimah to all our children who need it.
Again, chas veshalom, no offense meant. Just some of the latest research coming out.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p.....0854/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20705131/

https://www.the-scientist.com/.....66917

Just a sampling of the science available to back up what this amother is saying. The last one is brand new from 2020.

yksraya

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:29 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Of course a child can regress later in childhood. But the regression still has a cause! It has to. Calling it late onset regressive autism doesn’t eliminate the cause, it just means they have no idea what caused it. Because they aren’t looking in the right places. Which is indeed tragic. However, there are parents and doctors that are willing to dig deeeeep, and they will usually find causes, and treatments, that can bring their children back, at least somewhat. I know this information can be extremely painful to those that lost children to the h*llhole that is autism years ago, but that doesn’t mean we have to keep hiding this information from others going forward.

Even if there is digging deep, if that is even possible with autism, there is no such thing as bringing them back. Extensive therapy (sunrise program etc) can make them behave better, teach them communication etc, which helps for some depending on which end of the spectrum they are. But that is same with kids that showed signs at birth or very early on.

Of course science is advancing in this area, as it is in every area, and kids now are better off then when my brother was a kid.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:30 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
how about this meme? How would you explain this? https://www.amazon.com/Vaccine.....r=8-1

I have read dozens of books like this, most of them theoretical, some of them scientific.
I don't deny vaccine injury happens- in fact I know a few people with proven vaccine injury- but it is much much less than what antivaxers imagine.
There is no proof to the theoretical ones and even the scientific ones do not have long term or consistent proof.
I am not saying to give any and all vaccines but to find a dr you trust and follow what he says.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:31 pm
yksraya wrote:
Even if there is digging deep, if that is even possible with autism, there is no such thing as bringing them back. Extensive therapy (sunrise program etc) can make them behave better, teach them communication etc, which helps for some depending on which end of the spectrum they are. But that is same with kids that showed signs at birth or very early on.

Of course science is advancing in this area, as it is in every area, and kids now are better off then when my brother was a kid.
There is such a thing as bringing them back. Kids are recovering every day. I am not talking behavioral therapies like sonrise, ABA, PT, OT etc. I am talking medical treatment to address the medical causes of autism.

Here’s one example of a drug used in a small clinical trial with good results, based on the cell danger hypothesis of autism. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p.....7533/

yksraya

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:37 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
There is such a thing as bringing them back. Kids are recovering every day. I am not talking behavioral therapies like sonrise, ABA, PT, OT etc. I am talking medical treatment to address the medical causes of autism.

If they recovered, it was not autism.

Just like there is no recovering fron downs syndrome.

It seems like a very clueless thing, to say one can recover from autism.

Autism is something one is born with. Sometimes it's regressive, but it is there.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:40 pm
yksraya wrote:
If they recovered, it was not autism.

Just like there is no recovering fron downs syndrome.

It seems like a very clueless thing, to say one can recover from autism.

Autism is something one is born with. Sometimes it's regressive, but it is there.
Downs syndrome is a one gene one disease kind of thing, with a known mutation in 100% of cases. If autism were that simple, they’d have found a gene by now. So many kids with autism have whole exome genetic sequencing done with no significant findings.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:49 pm
Did you actually read the studies we posted?
Science is evolving that we WILL be able to treat autism, just like u can treat thyroid disorders, lupus and crohn's. Doesn't mean you never had autism, just that it is autoimmune and can be treated as such.
Of course, you CAN be born with autoimmune condition or develop one at any time in your life.
It is silly to say that if they are cured from autism, they never had it. You can't replace the missing piece in DS, that is true.
But most autoimmune conditions CAN be managed and treated and THAT is where science is heading with autism.
This is GREAT and HOPEFUL news for parents with autistic kids.
You would rather no cure or treatment ever be found? It may take more years but it is heading there, BORUCH HASHEM.
Signed,
Someone with more than one extended older family member severely autistic that wishes the latest science was around 35 or even 10 years ago when my family was diagnosed.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 10:15 pm
I actually just read some of the studies posted above, and how risperidol together with another autoimmune drug had promising results on autistic patients.
So I went to search what the mechanisms of risperidol are. Answer, noone knows.
Then I typed in pubmed, does risperidol have anti inflammatory properties. And found a study that showed that risperidol lowered pro-inflammatory cytokines in schizophrenic patients and raised anti-inflammatory cytokines. All measureable in bloodwork.
Which brings me full circle.
Anti-psychotics WORK for patients.
Why they work has probably nothing to do with serotonin or dopamine but mostly because of the effects they have on a person's cytokines in their body. By lowering inflammatory cytokines (that were attacking the brain causing the psychiatric symptoms).
Can u tell I hang out on pubmed?
Iyh, there will be hope and treatments soon for autistic children and any person with neurological symptoms.

yksraya

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 10:49 pm
It is not clear that it's an autoimmune. It is more likely a neoro problem, something with the brain that is different. And it is clear that they are born like that. Their brain is wired differently.

It can't be compared with crohns etc.

yksraya

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 11:00 pm
About risperidol: yes it helps treat the behavior issues. But it does not take away the autism. It does not heal them. They need to take it always, or they regress again. And while on it, they are still highly autistic unless they are on the lower end of spectrum. For kids on lower end of spectrum, most therapy and some meds will greatly help them lead an almost normal lifestyle, as many have autistic traits and lead normal lives without even knowing they have those traits or being diagnosed for them (aspergers etc).

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 11:24 pm
yksraya wrote:
About risperidol: yes it helps treat the behavior issues. But it does not take away the autism. It does not heal them. They need to take it always, or they regress again. And while on it, they are still highly autistic unless they are on the lower end of spectrum. For kids on lower end of spectrum, most therapy and some meds will greatly help them lead an almost normal lifestyle, as many have autistic traits and lead normal lives without even knowing they have those traits or being diagnosed for them (aspergers etc).
risperdal is not a root cause treatment. It can however, be used as a stop gap measure until root issues are addressed. There are other very promising treatments that address the environmental causes of autism. Children who have had autism diagnoses with high scores on the ATEC scales, exhibiting many of those symptoms you insist are part of the wiring they are born with, have seen those symptoms fall away, and lose their diagnoses. It doesn’t happen overnight. It’s not easy. It’s not simple or straightforward. But it does happen.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 12:06 am
its great that you can say anti vaxxers will never be swayed by facts and it would be a complete waste of my time. let me know when you ever spent 5 minutes total hearing one out or reading something without calling it stupid or misinformation. you sound like you would be the real waste of time talking too

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 12:41 am
So thousands of parents have videos of their child 100% normal, meeting all their milestones.

Then child develops high fever and seizures after vaccination - and is never the same.

Child stops talking, making eye contact, smiling.

But it is just a "co-incidence", nothing to see hear folks, move along.

Thousands of parents - all saying the same thing, with videos...

That's totally the opposite with Down Syndrome, which is obvious at birth, and the child never looked normal or developed normally.

The extra DS gene has been located. No Autism Gene has been found.
You can diagnose DS with a blood test. There is no blood test for Autism
Children with DS look different. Children with Autism look normal.

Because most autism is NOT genetic.

These children were born normal, but became brain-damaged from vaccines.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 12:55 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
I used to not vaccinate but I've changed my mind over the past year or so.
Knowing the antivax mentality- it is really Fear, fear that the children are being ruined from each shot, based on any number of rumors, conspiracy theories, or skewed science, and Distrust of the govt.
I encourage provaxers if you want to "get through" to an antivaxer, you have to realize that you are dealing with a wall of Fear through which nothing penetrates except solid logic and common sense.
Those who insult or say they don't have time, to an antivaxer that looks like an immature excuse much like a teen who doesnt want to wash the dishes or clean his room.
I encourage people to take one meme and explain logically why it doesnt make sense or is untruthful.
I will start with the first one: OP that one is simple to explain- drowning deaths from swimming is not contagious as a disease is. By all means children should be taught to swim but the other choice is to stay out of water or use a life jacket. No one else will drown if my child refuses to learn to swim.
Hope that helps. Who would like to explain the second one?

Good point, but it’s also important to point out the reason that the number of measles deaths is so low...vaccines! The number of measles deaths and lasting injuries was much higher prior to the invention of the measles vaccine.

If there were a vaccine to prevent drowning deaths, I’d support that, too!

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 12:59 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Good point, but it’s also important to point out the reason that the number of measles deaths is so low...vaccines! The number of measles deaths and lasting injuries was much higher prior to the invention of the measles vaccine.

If there were a vaccine to prevent drowning deaths, I’d support that, too!

Ever since the CDC quadrupled the vaccine schedule in 1990 (after pharmaceutical industry got immunity from lawsuits), children are far sicker than they were pre-measles vaccines.

Much more childhood autism, adhd, speech delays, LD, diabetes, allergies, asthma,
epilepsy.

Children are sicker, more damaged today than in the days of measles and chicken pox.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 1:03 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Ever since the CDC quadrupled the vaccine schedule in 1990 (after pharmaceutical industry got immunity from lawsuits), children are far sicker than they were pre-measles vaccines.

Much more childhood autism, adhd, speech delays, LD, diabetes, allergies, asthma,
epilepsy.

Children are sicker, more damaged today than in the days of measles and chicken pox.

And is the vaccine schedule the only change in our lives during that time? Of course not! It is not a compelling argument. Correlation and not causation.

gold21

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 1:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If people would live and let live I wouldn't have to say anything...

It's the fact that you DON'T let me live unless I make the same decisions as you that has me posting to begin with.

I was never an "activist." I just quietly delayed or didn't give vaccines. Then...

If you didn't have herd immunity conveniently provided to you by the pro-vaxx segment of the population, how would you deal with being at actual risk of contracting these viral illnesses? So don't vaxx. Fine. But at least say thank you.

You're welcome.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 1:38 am
And is the vaccine schedule the only change in our lives during that time? Of course not! It is not a compelling argument. Correlation and not causation.

Vaccines are the only thing that thousands of parents have said caused their child siezures after which the child regressed into autism.

Vaccines have inserts listing autism as one of reported adverse re-actions.

$4.5 Billion has been paid for vaccine injuries - including payment for brain damage to children with autism.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 1:41 am

You know who were the first scientists to argue that correlation does not prove causation?

Bribed Fraudulent Scientists hired by the Tobacco Industry.

But then they did Smoker vs UnSmoker studies. You know what it proved?

That Smoking DOES cause cancer and other disease.

Now Bribed Fraudulent Scientists hired by the CDC (who is legally allowed to accept bribes ("gifts") from pharmaceutical industry) is saying correlation does not prove causation.

And they don't allow Vax vs UnVax Studies. WHY IS THAT???????

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 7:52 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
I have read dozens of books like this, most of them theoretical, some of them scientific.
I don't deny vaccine injury happens- in fact I know a few people with proven vaccine injury- but it is much much less than what antivaxers imagine.
There is no proof to the theoretical ones and even the scientific ones do not have long term or consistent proof.
I am not saying to give any and all vaccines but to find a dr you trust and follow what he says.
There aren’t dozens of books like this out. I don’t know of a single other one. This is a textbook. Written by a professor and researcher on autoimmunity. It’s great that you can dismiss it in one breath, without ever having heard of it even.
Page 4 of 13   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics