Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Intermittent Fasting - Calories and Hunger
Previous  1  2

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 8:59 pm
Re OP questions, my response you can of course take with a grain of salt as you might with many replies in an anonymous forum like this.

But from the many success stories I've been listening to from the IF Stories podcast, results are very individual. Successful, but individual in timing, & individual depending on finding one's groove re which foods most support ones health (since it's not a diet, but rather a lifestyle of getting into & maintaining better health.) The longer average I hear it takes for people to see significant results seems to be up to around 3 months, but some sooner, some longer. Gin Stephens has commented that it may have something to do with his much healing an individual is requiring before their body is ready to tap more into fat storage for fuel.

Re calories, I myself have left go of calorie monitoring, & many IF success stories include people's "appetite correction" resurfacing maybe for the first time in decades, so that it's easier to eat more intuitively. People who have tried the approach of "eating intuitively" (which is hard when you intuitively want to eat way too much) find that the integration of IF in their life, allows for a natural intuite eating to surface (it more is natural vs an approach) so that focusing on 1200, 1,500 or 2,000 calories just isn't necessary. But everyone is individual, someone might benefit from counting.

Delay Don't Deny is a good resource book.
An overall message us, that the older idea of "calories in/calories out" for weight loss, is based on some misunderstanding. It's rather more of a hormonal, insulin resistance, & tapping into fat storages matter.
So while everyone is different, there seems to be an evolution many people are sharing more or less, that a calorie content focus becomes obsolete.

One more resource if you're interested, is the Delay Don't Deny Facebook group. I don't use Facebook, but I joined & answered the simple required "join group" questions simply to read people's posts, there's a lot of nice anecdotal info there like in her podcasts.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise