Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Is rsv going around now more than usual?
Previous  1  2

amother
Black

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 11:19 am
Yes yes and yes. I personally know of 3 children who were in the hospital on oxygen and plenty more that were just sick at home. Stay safe take your kids to the doctor. It's contagious too

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 11:22 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Really nervous. My baby has a cold (so do I and another dc had cold last week) with super runny nose, and 100 fever. I was told up to 100.4 is ok to send to playgroup but the morah is in her 50s and her husband is also, and he's not such a healthy person.
Do I have to take my baby to get tested to see if it's RSV vs a cold?

How accurate is your thermometer? Which method are you using to check temperature?

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 12:06 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Yes yes and yes. I personally know of 3 children who were in the hospital on oxygen and plenty more that were just sick at home. Stay safe take your kids to the doctor. It's contagious too

The picu’s are full of Yiddisha babies with RSV on high flow or intubated...

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 1:40 pm
My 2 year old had rsv last week and then he got better and then on shabbos he had very high fever and wasn’t breathing normally I went to the dr again and he said it’s rsv again but I told him he’s much worse this time, they did a few tests and it ended up being pneumonia...just putting it out there cuz all drs are just saying any cough or breathing issues are rsv without even checking and Bh my son is on antibiotics now

tweety1

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 3:37 pm
It's really scary out there. My baby is overdue for a well visit and I'm keeping it back. I don't want my baby sitting around in a waiting room full of sick kids now.

English3

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 3:42 pm
What cough is it BC my twins are coughing.its like a dry echo cough

Goody2shoes

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 3:46 pm
was in the hospital visiting a family member this past Shabbos. we stopped in the waiting room and there were at least 8 families there with young babies. DH went around asking if he can get them anything and made conversation. turns out they were all there with rsv symptoms. scary

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 3:47 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
My 2 year old had rsv last week and then he got better and then on shabbos he had very high fever and wasn’t breathing normally I went to the dr again and he said it’s rsv again but I told him he’s much worse this time, they did a few tests and it ended up being pneumonia...just putting it out there cuz all drs are just saying any cough or breathing issues are rsv without even checking and Bh my son is on antibiotics now

RSV may be assumed but you can only know for certain with a test.

ETA: RSV can cause pneumonia. So having pneumonia doesn’t mean it wasn’t caused by RSV.

bnm

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 5:46 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
If my baby is vaccinated for it, why would he catch it?

only preemies and kids at greater risk for it get the vaccination. It is one of those that are given every few months and doesn't ensure lifetime coverage.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 6:30 pm
tweety1 wrote:
It's really scary out there. My baby is overdue for a well visit and I'm keeping it back. I don't want my baby sitting around in a waiting room full of sick kids now.

It’s a shame that your doctors office doesn’t have a sick waiting room. The best innovation our office has implemented simcha the dawn of covid is no waiting (room) at all. There’s no wait.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 6:50 pm
I heard that people are getting very good results nebulizing glutathione, if anyone is interested in trying something a little different.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 6:55 pm
My doctor says theres no point in knowing or testing for it. You just have to keep an eye on that the kid doesnt have trouble breathing or doesnt dehydrate

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 7:50 pm
bnm wrote:
only preemies and kids at greater risk for it get the vaccination. It is one of those that are given every few months and doesn't ensure lifetime coverage.

It is given every month throughout the RSV season and it doesn’t prevent RSV. It helps protect the lungs from getting seriously affected.

bnm

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 8:00 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
It is given every month throughout the RSV season and it doesn’t prevent RSV. It helps protect the lungs from getting seriously affected.

thanks for correcting/explaining. One of my student's mothers mentioned that he gets it. I didn't realize this is how it helps, that it doesn't prevent. I don't think she realizes either because the kid was sick last week and kids in other rooms have RSV and she was insisting it can't be RSV because he gets the shot.

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 8:04 pm
Most important is to check for typical signs of respiratory distress.
Stomach going in and out drastically while breathing, bluish fingertips, or triangle like indent by throat when breathing....etc...

bnm

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 8:06 pm
Some of the other kids in my room had ear infections combined with bronchitis. One kid's parent claims they got tested for RSV and it was negative.

tweety1

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 9:11 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
It’s a shame that your doctors office doesn’t have a sick waiting room. The best innovation our office has implemented simcha the dawn of covid is no waiting (room) at all. There’s no wait.

Tell me abt it. It's a pity a whl bunch of other things too abt them.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics