Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Sparkling Ice alternative

Ravenclaw

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 9:58 am
I love Sparkling Ice because it’s 5 calories a bottle, is natural and is a great drink for when I want something good tasting to nosh on or sip but am not really hungry.
The problem is I have to stop drinking carbonated drinks. Any suggestions of a good substitute? Most important thing to me though is that shouldn’t be a powder mix or whatnot, I want a regular bottle of liquid I can open and start drinking from w no prep

Lovable

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 10:06 am
Ravenclaw wrote:
I love Sparkling Ice because it’s 5 calories a bottle, is natural and is a great drink for when I want something good tasting to nosh on or sip but am not really hungry.
The problem is I have to stop drinking carbonated drinks. Any suggestions of a good substitute? Most important thing to me though is that shouldn’t be a powder mix or whatnot, I want a regular bottle of liquid I can open and start drinking from w no prep

I love vitamin water zero.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 3:55 pm
Oh sorry, I know you said you want it instant, but I can't resist sharing.

But I have a really yummy healthy drink & I make it at least twice a day.

I use a tall insulated 24 oz drink container like this.

I start with a jar of sliced lemons & limes (first scrub, carefully peel off any black spots. Then slice & cover with water from urn. Lasts about 2 days in fridge for maximum health benefit but prob fine for a couple more, just keep adding hot or even cold water. Full of bioflavinoids from white part including quercetin).

I use about a cup of this. I take a cup of aloe juice (for digestion, but you can skip that & just use water). Stir vigorously while pouring in stevia powder til water turns white.

I add ginger juice to taste (before Pesach I made my own. Otherwise I buy little ginger shots from local juice bar & keep them in freezer, defrost one every couple of days.)

I also keep a container (flime juice in the fridge, so in case it comes out too sweet I add a bit.

This ends up being around 16 oz & I fill the rest with ice.

(I used to also use a little tart cherry juice concentrate & grape juice but now I'm watching my carbs. Before that I bought a bunch of clear jello & I was totally gonna try making ice pops with it. Still haven't gotten around to that.)

It sounds complicated but really just takes a few minutes once you get used to it. It's so healthy & tastes great. It has a few calories but not many.

naomi2

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 6:41 pm
Hint waters have flavor but no sweeteners, so it's like flavored seltzer without the bubbles.

Fabulous

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 7:13 pm
Diet peach iced tea Snapple is also about 5 calories a cup. It’s not particularly healthy but I don’t know anything healthy that’s also lo cal and yummy

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 8:57 pm
My husband once made something with cucumber, lime, basil and something r de I can’t remember. Honestly he just chopped it up, threw it in a pitcher and we Kept it for days in the fridge. It just got better and better. Sorry, I know you don’t want to make stuff but that was amazing.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 7:12 pm
I like Sparkling Ice Cherry Lime occasionally because it reminds me of the Lime Rickey sodas from the candy shop on Coney Island Avenue that I would get. But it is sweet like soda.

I discovered Hal's Sparkling Water last year and it is the best. Unfortunately they lost their distributor in Los Angeles as they used to sell in Western Glatt Kosher. I have sometimes treated myself to buying through the internet but shipping costs make it an expensive treat.

I love their Sparkling Cream Seltzer. It is not sweet at all like a Dr. Browns Cream Soda but has just a bit of the flavor like most of the flavored sparkling waters do. It is super refreshing and I always loved cream soda. Heck I like vanilla ice cream and vanilla ice sodas and vanilla milk shakes.

You can check on their website and see if there is a place near you where it is sold locally. They are located in Maspeth so probably more places in the tri-state area.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise