Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Update 9/3: USPS tracking says delivered, but didn't receive
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 2:45 pm
I did not read the whole thread.

OP, I'm glad you're receiving a refund. As a person who was involved in shipping 100's of packages weekly through USPS, your best bet in such a situation is to speak with the mail carrier himself. Try to be there when he delivers the next day and ask him directly.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 2:51 pm
The mail comes while I'm at work so that literally never happens.

In a sad twist of fate, the replacement that I ordered (from a different seller) was supposed to come on Wednesday and the tracking number just says "in transit - arriving late." Not even any indication of how far away it is, and with no details I'm not sure it's actually arriving at all, maybe the vagueness just means they lost it and aren't ready to admit it. So that's three weeks I'm waiting for the thing I need to use that I expected to get in a few days (one week giving the first time to arrive, one week to see if it would turn up before placing a new order, one week for the second to arrive - and it still didn't.)

I've had postal issues before but it's never been this frustrating one after another on the same item. UPS was not a shipping option.

youngishbear

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 2:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The mail comes while I'm at work so that literally never happens.

In a sad twist of fate, the replacement that I ordered (from a different seller) was supposed to come on Wednesday and the tracking number just says "in transit - arriving late." Not even any indication of how far away it is, and with no details I'm not sure it's actually arriving at all, maybe the vagueness just means they lost it and aren't ready to admit it. So that's three weeks I'm waiting for the thing I need to use that I expected to get in a few days (one week giving the first time to arrive, one week to see if it would turn up before placing a new order, one week for the second to arrive - and it still didn't.)

I've had postal issues before but it's never been this frustrating one after another on the same item. UPS was not a shipping option.

I'm imagining it stuck on a flooded truck somewhere in the Northeast.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. So frustrating...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 4:29 pm
The sick thing is that the original ETA was BEFORE the hurricane and floods. It was already delayed somewhat. It was supposed to be here in my NY home on Sept 1 before the end of hours. The flash floods were that night.

So insanely frustrating. I have a phone that keeps turning off randomly and deciding on its own terms if and when to turn back on, in addition to a screen input issue (it has certain spots that when you tap them it thinks you tapped somewhere else. Think lots and lots of accidental video calls.) I ordered a new one three weeks ago and again a week after it didn't show up. I'm discovering exactly how dependent I am on my smartphone - the answer is in some ways less than I thought but overall absolutely yes I need it. Especially since I don't have a landline, and I do have several jobs that require communication. Grrrrr.

If the USPS lost packages in the flood then they should have a record of which packages were on those trucks and notify those people that they should not expect their stuff. I am left hanging with an "in transit."
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics