Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
This flu/Covid/virus
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 6:32 pm
amother [ NeonPink ] wrote:
One year my pediatrician insisted I take tamiflu each time my kids got flu even though I had no symptoms. He said too much risk not to. I ended up taking it 3 times - snd it cost me a fortune.

Why? We’re you high risk or something?

Doesn’t it cause major stomach discomfort?

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 6:32 pm
amother [ Obsidian ] wrote:
The flu test swabs are not working properly with an abundance of false negatives.

Countless going back to test a couple days later and testing positive.

The doctors are telling us the tests are not doing the job properly this year.

If you have flu symptoms, you probably have the flu. Please take caution with yourself and others..

Not sure where you are but a family member of mine works in an urgent care and said 98 out 100 flu tests are positive..

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 6:34 pm
I felt sick last shabbos so went to urgent care sat night to test. They tested me only for the flu since we already had a flu positive child at home. It came back negative. The next day I went to my gp, she tested me for COVID and it was negative. So she did another flu test and it came back positive. Go figure.
ETA: my gp told me 90 % of her patients were flu positive. Only 10% have COVID

amother
NeonPink

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 7:00 pm
amother [ Zinnia ] wrote:
Why? We’re you high risk or something?

Doesn’t it cause major stomach discomfort?

It didn’t affect me bH
I’m not high risk. He said it’s a risk to all pregnant women.

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 7:08 pm
2 sick kids. One with fever and a mild cough since Sunday
The other has no fever but terrible cough since Tuesday
I didn't test so I don't know what they have.

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 7:14 pm
Kids had low grade fever for 24 hours and kept them home 24 hrs fever free w/o painkillers as per guidelines.
They also all hve run of the mill cold which I expect will last all winter.

I have a cold now too and feel gross but no fever (or very mild if it’s there that I don’t feel it).

We all had flu shots.

Eta all covid negative (we had covid already) but didn’t go to the Dr. So just assuming it’s mild flu).

amother
Steel

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 7:29 pm
Been miserable for three days. Flu test positive, Covid test negative.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 8:35 pm
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:
hmmm maybe because its Covid. Open your eyes...most "frum flu" is Covid. It's just that many frum people are refusing to test.

Oh come one. Me and four of my children are sick. All tested negative for covid and only one tested positive for flu. Only the baby was swabbed for a viral panel. It was just rhino enterovirus. My baby was very sick so I retested after four days still negative covid and flu.

amother
Steel

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 9:53 pm
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:
hmmm maybe because its Covid. Open your eyes...most "frum flu" is Covid. It's just that many frum people are refusing to test.

Everyone I know is testing for both (Lakewood).
Flu tests are coming back positive, Covid tests negative.

amother
Sunflower

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 10:51 pm
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:

Um I actually had confirmed covid at the beginning of the month. Recovered, got sick again and now tested positive for flu A. Flu is all over the place now.

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 11:07 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Not sure where you are but a family member of mine works in an urgent care and said 98 out 100 flu tests are positive..

Def countless are coming out pos the first round.

But too many are also false negatives.

Took my DS on Mon bec was sure he had flu. Came out neg.

Was back on Wed bec it didnt make sense to me.

Lo and behold, saw the same ppl there testing again as well. Guess what? He and they came back pos.

So, of course there are those testing pos on the first go. But it is not as it shld be and many have had to swab a second time to find out.

Prob is...many, many dont. And are going about thinking they dont have. Going to work, school etc coughing and sneezing all over everyone bec “they dont have the flu” and they are highly contagious until symptom free!

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 11:12 pm
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:

Im talking about docs who and patients who ARE swabbing for both.

Took my DS on Mon bec was sure he had flu. Took Covid swab as well. Both came out neg.

Was back on Wed bec it didnt make sense to me.

Lo and behold, saw the same ppl there testing again as well. Guess what? He and they came back pos...for flu. As I suspected.

Not talking about those who refuse Covid testing.

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 11:21 pm
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:

PS: most ppl ARE absolutely allowing docs to take flu AND covid swabs.

Seriously now. Unnecessary and false comment.

Flu is rampant and as far as covid, most are not “scared” to test anymore and want to deal with it immediately if it is covid.

Please get over it.

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 11:27 pm
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
To amother obsidian.
I tested negative for flu and Covid.
So you're saying it still might be flu? Oh gosh. I'm pregnant and don't wanna take tamiflu or anything unnecessary.

*Just watch your symptoms.

*Call your OB to advise.

*You can always retest a day or two after first swab to reassure.

*Refuah shelaimah.

(I understand not wanting to take Tamiflu when preg-unless specifically advised to do so by OB. In any case it needs to be taken within approx 48 hrs of onset of symptoms to *potentially* be effective. Even then it does not always work for many).
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics