Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Digital Cameras
Previous  1  2

micki

Post Thu, Dec 20 2007, 9:46 pm
I just bought the a560 and so far so good. it takes the pic very fast, called shutter lag and I was able to capture that angry faqce my son puts on where with my other digital camera (samsung that I returned) I would never have gotten it.

I did not like the sd1000 at all mostly becasue it has no grip to hold on to its too small too.
and I liek using regular batteries not a specialty one.

check out epinion.com

cb

Post Thu, Dec 20 2007, 10:25 pm
thanks, I did not think about the problem that some cameras it might take a very long time to snap, you have a point, hmm, I thought I finaly decided what to buy.
so a570 takes a long time to snap, right? and a560 takes fast?

funny50

Post Fri, Dec 21 2007, 2:33 pm
I was also looking into digital cameras. I was deciding between the canon sd1000 and the A570. I know someone that has 5 diferent siblings/sister-in-laws that have the A570 and have great quality pictures. the A570 has the image stabelizer and uses regular batteries.

what would you people that their husbands are into cameras recommend? between the sd1000 and the A570?

nicole81

Post Fri, Dec 21 2007, 2:53 pm
the 870 is better that the 1000, but definitely the 1000 over the 570.

boruchhashem

Post Sat, Dec 22 2007, 6:39 pm
nicole81 wrote:
the sd-series use a lithium ion battery, which comes standard with the camera.

and the image quality is not the same. even if 2 camera have the same # of megapixels, one can have far better quality than the other.

I highly recommend the canon sd-series. my 3.2 megapixel sd200 shot better pictures than my friends' 5 mp cameras.

the sd870 is great and it also has image stabilization, which the a-series do not have. and btw, the a-series is probably a slower camera, too. I don't know 100% for sure, but most of the cheaper cameras are. it gets annoying when you have to wait just to take the picture.

my husband has worked with cameras for close to 10 years, and wouldn't recommend the canon a-series.

My dd has the a710is, which as you can see, has image stabilization.

cb

Post Mon, Dec 24 2007, 4:19 pm
one more question, I see some are for and some are not for the A cameras. I want to know from the A, do they all take long to snap a picture? does the sd really take it faster??
hope to hear from you all Smile
thanks

sacohen

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 12:38 pm
Does anyone know about the canon powershot A640? Thanks

amother

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 3:32 pm
Digital cameras are my hobby!!!!
look at the panasonic tz1. Its a great camera (compact but long zoom) fast, nice pics, easy, etc..and it has video with zoom too.
I've advised it to quiet a few people which are so gratefull.
The new model tz3 has a wider zoom and more mps but no zooming while taking video...
Enjoy!

amother

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 3:54 pm
Is the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 a good camera? I have the opportunity to get it for under $70 or I could get the Canon PowerShot A560 for under $60. Which is the better camera? Should I buy both and let the kids use one?

Zahava

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 7:13 pm
I don't know anything about the cameras you mentioned. But-if you're considering buying the cameras at one of those online brooklyn retailers-beware! I nearly fell victim to their scams. After placing an order for a camcorder that was too cheap to be true, I googled them (and a few other websites like them), and every photography forum had the same thing to say about them. They try to convince you to buy all sorts of very expensive accessories at ridiculous markups, and if you don't buy those accessories they will let you know, usually by email, that your item is "not available". I quickly cancelled my order and my credit card.

Other than that, enjoy your purchase.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics