Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
This is us finale
Previous  1  2

amother
Honey

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 6:18 am
anyone else watched the season finale? It felt so blah

essie14

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 12:36 pm
Just watched. I was crying, as always. This show was just so good.

etky

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 12:42 pm
amother [ Honey ] wrote:

Yup. Didn't expect it would be otherwise so not disappointed.
Yes, it was indeed a great show - except for the last season.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 5:25 am
amother [ Honey ] wrote:

Watched it last night. It was blah. It was disappointing. And honestly, not sure what it added to anything. They could just as easily have made the 2nd to last where Rebecca died the final episode. I had been so hooked on this show, but the 6th season - particularly the 2nd half - was just mehhhh.

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 5:27 am
etky wrote:
Yup. Didn't expect it would be otherwise so not disappointed.
Yes, it was indeed a great show - except for the last season.

Toby as the ex son in law and ex husband played too large a role. And why are Madison and Elijah always there? I'm not talking about the funeral, but at the house/compound during the death bed vigil? Again, while Madison is the mother of 2 of Rebecca's grandchildren, he has a wife.
In the real life I know this wouldn't be happening.

etky

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 5:35 am
amother [ Stonewash ] wrote:
Toby as the ex son in law and ex husband played too large a role. And why are Madison and Elijah always there? I'm not talking about the funeral, but at the house/compound during the death bed vigil? Again, while Madison is the mother of 2 of Rebecca's grandchildren, he has a wife.
In the real life I know this wouldn't be happening.

To accentuate the 'one big happy and blended family' theme. To show that everyone has gotten past any hard feelings that they may have been harboring towards ex-partners and/or others in the family.
All very wrapped up and neat.

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 5:43 am
etky wrote:
To accentuate the 'one big happy and blended family' theme. To show that everyone has gotten past any hard feelings that they may have been harboring towards ex-partners and/or others in the family.
All very wrapped up and neat.

Yeah. But too happy. I mean Elijah is there with wife's baby daddy. It's not like he even knew Rebecca back in the day, like Toby did. A bit too perfect and tidy and unrealistic sums up the final season of a show where in the past people were not always perfect. A good finale doesn't have to be happily ever after beyond your wildest dreams for every character.

etky

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 5:54 am
amother [ Stonewash ] wrote:
Yeah. But too happy. I mean Elijah is there with wife's baby daddy. It's not like he even knew Rebecca back in the day, like Toby did. A bit too perfect and tidy and unrealistic sums up the final season of a show where in the past people were not always perfect. A good finale doesn't have to be happily ever after beyond your wildest dreams for every character.

I totally agree. That's why we didn't enjoy most of the 6th season.
One of the things we liked about this show was that it kind of threw curve balls every now and then. The plot would turn davka in the way that you didn't expect.
The 6th season wasn't like that. It was just flat.

essie14

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 6:44 am
The actress who plays Madison is the wife of Dan Fogelman, the creator of the show. That's why she has such a large part in the show when her character really shouldn't.

Rutabaga

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 7:09 am
I've seen series finales that were terrible. I thought this one was mostly sweet. Beth and her worst case scenarios were funny, as was Randall's happy dance at finally having another boy in the family. The Toby and Kate scene was just weird. I thought it was interesting that they didn't show any of the actual eulogies and that Rebecca's funeral seemed so sparsely attended.

amother
RosePink

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 7:56 am
essie14 wrote:
The actress who plays Madison is the wife of Dan Fogelman, the creator of the show. That's why she has such a large part in the show when her character really shouldn't.

OK that is weird. I never knew that. He was totally cool having his wife and Justin Hartley making out in front of him? Eek.

etky

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 12:35 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
I've seen series finales that were terrible. I thought this one was mostly sweet. Beth and her worst case scenarios were funny, as was Randall's happy dance at finally having another boy in the family. The Toby and Kate scene was just weird. I thought it was interesting that they didn't show any of the actual eulogies and that Rebecca's funeral seemed so sparsely attended

I was so relieved that we were spared that. But yeah it was a bit odd that it was glossed over like that.

Ima2

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 1:16 am
I totally agreed. still disappointed in the last 2 episodes. they really could have made more seasons with this show. the last season was so rushed. I know the writer had in mind 6 seasons and on many shows, when they add more seasons, it goes bad. they could have successfully made at least 2 more seasons. what a shame. I definitely cried more by the grey's anatomy season finale than this is us! not sure I even shed a tear by this is us. now, if they had the eulogies, then maybe I would have Smile

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 9:24 pm
So I finally got around to watching it and I was so disappointed . But the way plot lines were laid out this screams spin-off or at least thanksgiving special to me .
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics