Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
I learned to kill
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 9:49 pm
murder away; because if you don't, they'll be on top of your next morsel of food as it goes into your mouth (sorry for the Puke but it's true!). bug-killers anonymous, here we come!

greenfire

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 10:37 pm
I usually protest murder ... but some things have got to go ... pray for the dead fruitflies ... What first say a brocha so they hear a mitzvah ... but do NOT eat the banana (or onion) they have been procreating on ... Puke

Ima'la

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 10:48 pm
Clarissa wrote:
For fruit flies, you must find the source, or you'll never get rid of them. Somewhere is a rotten plum or onion, and they're breeding in it. Find it, and they'll be gone in a day. In college, I once tried sprays, bug bombs, everything. Found the bag of onions and they disappeared.

Definitely the way to go. If they seem to be around your sink, maybe it's time for a new sponge? And cleaning the drain (boiling water, fly gel, bleach, whatever) sounds like a good idea too.
Clarissa wrote:
Maybe spray them with Rich's whip. Their arteries will harden and they'll eventually die, and it's non-toxic.

Why do you say that? Smile
greenfire wrote:
by me the fruit flies come if I forget a banana ...

Well, you know what they say, "Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana"
greenfire wrote:
what a competitive wrestling match we have ... I get in mode ... with fantastic & a paper towel - spray catch; spray catch; spray catch ... you get my drift ... I'm always the champion ...

I think you need a hobby! shock Mr. Green

greenfire

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 11:38 pm
Ima'la wrote:

you sillygal - I have a hobby !!! Drunken Smile

shmeichel

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 11:45 pm
make sure you enver leave food out- put yur onions away-not on the counter and good luck!! cuz from experience they alwyas come back:(

Ima'la

Post Tue, May 27 2008, 2:47 am
greenfire wrote:
Ima'la wrote:

you sillygal - I have a hobby !!! Drunken Smile

Doesn't that make it hard to spray straight?

louche

Post Tue, May 27 2008, 5:36 am
Count me in clarissa's camp. Find the offending produce, get rid of it, and the wildlife is gone. Don't just drop the banana in your trash bin: put it in a plastic bag and tie it shut first.

Why kill them? Collect them and donate to your nearest genetics lab. Geneticists research on fruit flies because their life cycle is so short, it's possible to collect tons of data on many generations in a short time.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics