Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
I cried when I heard this
Previous  1  2

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:41 am

This is the version that me and my 'yeladim' enjoy.

amother
Sand

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 12:22 pm
delete

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 7:36 pm
OP thanks for sharing, I just heard this song by your post and love this song, it's been playing it on repeat all day. So much heart in the way he sings it.

I'm yeshivish lakewood BTW...I love israeli songs, I feel like the israeli singers have such hartz

cnc

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 7:42 pm
amother OP wrote:
Here is another version of the same song, sung partially in English. There are other versions but no English subtitles.
https://youtu.be/ANOv866Fipw

Wow- I really enjoyed this .
Thanks for posting.

LoveHashem613

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 9:02 pm
I was actually introduced to this song this summer in israel. I took a cab to Kever rochel with my family 4 kids knh. It was a secular yid but a yid none the less. When he saw my 4 beautiful children and how much we loved them and how well they behaved he said we reminded him of this song. He played it the whole way there and back and was tearing the whole ride. Was really really special car ride.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 9:18 pm
amother Silver wrote:
OP thanks for sharing, I just heard this song by your post and love this song, it's been playing it on repeat all day. So much heart in the way he sings it.

I'm yeshivish lakewood BTW...I love israeli songs, I feel like the israeli singers have such hartz

You're welcome.
I'm yeshivish too btw, and I like all kinds of music (not rap though).
I fell in love with Shvurei lev a while back and that's how I discovered Chanan Ben Ari. Malky sicherman sings a most beautiful cover of shvurei Lev. You should check it out.
This song was posted elsewhere today and I found myself just bawling.
I watched it a little later in the day and I was bawling again. My husband came into the room and saw me crying and was so confused, lol. I'm just not a Cryer.
But this song hit me in a really deep spot.
I was also very moved when he talks in the end about the things we hope for our kids, never to be hurt, in classroom or elsewhere.

No matter where you are on the frum spectrum, every Jew can relate to the feeling of a parent wanting his children to get along, be healthy and not inherit his faults, all along wondering if he is able to be there for his kids the way they deserve.
You can see in the audience all types of Jews crying to the words Amen Amen!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 9:26 pm
Naftali Shnitzler presents Gershon Uri:
https://youtu.be/e14vjQrEero
Stunning voice!

And in Yiddish:
https://youtu.be/0ngbtJxnp5Y

(None of them are as emotional as the original imo)

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:58 pm
Hanan Ben Ari is my favorite singer. I love Shvurei Lev, Aluf Ha'olam, Ima im Hayiti, Layla Tov Sean, and many others. In general I only like Israeli singers like Naomi Shemer, Akiva, Ishay Ribo, Amir Dadon, Amir Benayoun, and Yehoram Gaon.

Aylat

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 2:26 am
amother OP wrote:
You're welcome.
I'm yeshivish too btw, and I like all kinds of music (not rap though).
I fell in love with Shvurei lev a while back and that's how I discovered Chanan Ben Ari. Malky sicherman sings a most beautiful cover of shvurei Lev. You should check it out.
This song was posted elsewhere today and I found myself just bawling.
I watched it a little later in the day and I was bawling again. My husband came into the room and saw me crying and was so confused, lol. I'm just not a Cryer.
But this song hit me in a really deep spot.
I was also very moved when he talks in the end about the things we hope for our kids, never to be hurt, in classroom or elsewhere.

No matter where you are on the frum spectrum, every Jew can relate to the feeling of a parent wanting his children to get along, be healthy and not inherit his faults, all along wondering if he is able to be there for his kids the way they deserve.
You can see in the audience all types of Jews crying to the words Amen Amen!

Oh my gosh OP, this is one of my favourite songs too! Makes me tear up, it hits so deep.
So real about parenting, both the intense burden of it and the fierce desire to protect and give to your children.

Aylat

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 4:48 am
amother OP wrote:
Here is another version of the same song, sung partially in English. There are other versions but no English subtitles.
https://youtu.be/ANOv866Fipw

This is also nice but the English is more of a paraphrase than a translation and IMO the words of the original are deeper and more moving.

The subtitles of the first video link are a more faithful translation though not entirely.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts