Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Oros BY Highschool
Previous  1  2

keym

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 12:10 pm
I think the Jackson property is in the Whitesville/near Cross area at the Lakewood/Jackson border. But I don't know if they have any idea of a time frame to build then move there.

Currently, I believe non-Lakewood students can get bussed from the closest Lakewood stop. I do not believe the school arranged TR or Jackson bussing. There may be vans, but I don't think so.

Highschool Scheduling in general can be stressful. Timeliness and attending are stressed. School starts at 8:20 (earlier than the girls and boys), ends at 4:45. Fridays tend to have an extra penalty for missing class.
Chanuka has early dismissal with no busses. Midterms and finals have early dismissal, sometimes bussing, sometimes not. Play practice, sometimes busses sometimes not.
It's just something to be aware of, especially in Oros in its current location which is not really walkable.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 12:16 pm
High school involves alot of driving, period. Chanukah dismissals, play practice, midterms (as Keym mentioned), etc..... This is across the board for all high schools, AFAIK.

I am not an Oros parent, but would say this to all high school parents - I used to live in a neighborhood with not many other girls in DD's school. I did all her driving, all the time. Then I moved. DD had 3 classmates ON OUR BLOCK, and others in the vicinity. Next DD has two girls in the neighborhood, plus other students not in her grade with options. If you have any choice at all, mothers, send your girls to a school where you will have carpool options. IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE TO YOUR SANITY. Trust me on that.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 12:18 pm
amother Salmon wrote:
Where in Jackson are they eventually planning to move? Also how is the bussing situation in Oros for out of Lakewood students?

The land under their name is on Cross and Veterans highway they own land in Lakewood and Jackson it was the Jackson side giving them problems.

I heard a rumor that they sold the land to anther school.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 1:18 pm
Interesting .. so many schools building near Cross Street ! I don’t even get it ,Cross St doesn’t have room for more traffic. Unless it’s directly accessible from East veterans / whitesville

keym

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 1:23 pm
amother Salmon wrote:
Interesting .. so many schools building near Cross Street ! I don’t even get it ,Cross St doesn’t have room for more traffic. Unless it’s directly accessible from East veterans / whitesville

Just remember that they bought the land probably more than 10 years ago and they've been stuck in this court case. Only now did it get resolved

amother
Hyacinth

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 1:27 pm
amother Salmon wrote:

Don't worry they want to build another 4 on the Jackson side of Cross
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries