Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Should I be concerned?

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 9:21 am
It’s been a while since I’ve had an infant. I have one kid who, at 6 months old, wasn’t swatting or playing with toys etc. and ended up woth OT and PT. My baby is 4 months, and isn’t making any moves to swat at toys on his mat, car seat, etc. Is this something I should be concerned about, or should I not worry? He puts his hands in his mouth A LOT, and rolls from front to back, and has almost managed to roll from back to front on multiple occasions.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 9:26 am
How's his eye contact? Does he follow an object when you put it at eye contact and move it around?

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 9:34 am
amother Tan wrote:
How's his eye contact? Does he follow an object when you put it at eye contact and move it around?

I think he follows….he definitely makes eye contact

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 9:40 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
I think he follows….he definitely makes eye contact

I wouldn't be concerned just yet, but you can always mention it to the pediatrician if you are concerned.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 10:47 am
Early intervention makes a big difference in a child's development. Rather get an evaluation now especially if your state provides free services and even if it doesn't.

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 10:53 am
When my baby was that age, I was worrying about the same thing. She's 8 months old now and totally caught up bh. I'm not anti-therapy, have had 2 kids in EI. But I think your baby still has time before you need to worry.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 12:10 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
When my baby was that age, I was worrying about the same thing. She's 8 months old now and totally caught up bh. I'm not anti-therapy, have had 2 kids in EI. But I think your baby still has time before you need to worry.

Right, that was really my question. Do I need to rush to get him evaluated, when it really might just be that it will happen naturally within the appropriate time frame. I’m definitely not anti services, each of my kids has received something at some point, and I have one who is currently getting OT.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics